This is an exciting low carb keto meal plan. The best part of this diet may be the fact that the content of the diet can vary depending on the individual’s goals and personal health. The focus of the keto meal plan is always to eat real foods that are nutritious, minimally processed, and can be adjusted to anyone’s budget.
All About the Low Carb Keto Meal Plan
The ketogenic diet is a very healthy and beneficial diet program when it is followed correctly. It is based on real foods, especially green leafy vegetables. The goal of the diet is to make ketosis happen throughout the day. Ketosis is the process of burning body fat for energy, and insulin levels in the body must be low for this to happen. This low-carb, high-fat diet with many health benefits, more than 20 studies show that it can help you lose weight and improve your health. Ketogenic diets may even have benefits against diabetes, cancer, epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease.
The content of the diet will vary depending on the individual’s goals, personal health, and financial situation. However, the focus should always be on eating nutritious, minimally processed, real foods. A ketogenic diet is usually:
- Low carbohydrate
- Medium protein
- High fat
Studies have shown that the ketogenic diet has many advantages over the generally recommended low-fat diet. A low carb keto meal plan allows you to lose weight without counting calories. One study found that people on a ketogenic diet lost 2.2 times more weight than low-fat diets with calorie restrictions.
What Are the Benefits of the Keto Diet?
- Cancer: The diet is currently used to treat various types of cancer and slow tumor growth.
- Heart disease: The ketogenic diet can improve risk factors such as body fat, HDL cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and blood sugar. This greatly helps prevent heart disease.
- Epilepsy: With this diet, the importance of which has increased in recent days, the attacks of epilepsy patients are stopped or the attacks of some of them are reduced.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Polycystic ovary syndrome: If you have polycystic ovary syndrome, you may benefit from ketogenic diet therapy. However, your dietitian should decide on the right diet for you.
- Acne: Eating less sugar or processed foods can help you get rid of acne. The ketogenic diet keeps you away from these foods due to their diet lists.
What to Eat in the Low Carb Keto Meal Plan
Avoid foods that contain carbohydrates, such as grains, sugar, legumes, rice, potatoes, sugar, juice, and even most fruits. You should base most of your meals on these foods:
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds
- Low-carb vegetables: Most green vegetables, tomatoes, onions, peppers
- Meat: Red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken and turkey.
- Fatty fish: Such as salmon, trout, tuna and mackerel.
- Cheese: Unprocessed cheese (cheddar, goat, or mozzarella).
- Healthy oils: Primarily extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and avocado oil.
Base the bulk of your diet on foods like meat, fish, eggs, butter, nuts, healthy fats, avocados, and vegetables with small amounts of carbohydrates.
Low Carb Keto Meal Plan
Breakfast: Bacon, egg and tomato.
Lunch: Chicken salad with olive oil, feta cheese.
Dinner: Salmon with asparagus cooked in butter.
Breakfast: Omelet with egg, tomato, basil and goat cheese.
Lunch: Milkshake — Almond milk, peanut butter, cocoa powder and stevia.
Dinner: Meatballs, cheddar cheese and vegetables.
Breakfast: Ketogenic smoothie — 1 avocado (medium-size), 1 bunch of spinach leaves, 2 cups broccoli, ½ cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon olive oil
Lunch: Shrimp and avocado salad with olive oil.
Dinner: Parmesan cheese, broccoli
Breakfast: Omelet – Avocado, egg, salsa, pepper, onion and spices.
Lunch: A handful of nuts and celery sticks.
Dinner: Chicken stuffed with pesto with vegetables and cream cheese.
Breakfast: Unsweetened yogurt with peanut butter, cocoa powder and stevia.
Lunch: Roast beef with vegetables cooked in coconut oil.
Dinner: Cheese burger with bacon and egg
Breakfast: Omelet with vegetable, ham and cheese
Lunch: Ham and cheese slices with nuts.
Dinner: Fish, eggs, and spinach cooked in coconut oil
Breakfast: Fried eggs with bacon and mushrooms.
Lunch: Burger with cheese.
Dinner: Steak, salad, egg.
Printable (PDF) Low Carb Keto Meal Plan
|Meals||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5||Day 6||Day 7|
|Breakfast||Bacon, egg and tomato.||Omelet with egg, tomato, basil and goat cheese.||Ketogenic smoothie -- 1 avocado (medium-size), 1 bunch of spinach leaves, 2 cups broccoli, ½ cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon olive oil||Omelet - Avocado, egg, salsa, pepper, onion and spices||Unsweetened yogurt with peanut butter, cocoa powder and stevia.||Omelet with vegetable, ham and cheese||Fried eggs with bacon and mushrooms.|
|Lunch||Chicken salad with olive oil, feta cheese.||Milkshake -- Almond milk, peanut butter, cocoa powder and stevia.||Shrimp and avocado salad with olive oil.||A handful of nuts and celery sticks.||Roast beef with vegetables cooked in coconut oil.||Ham and cheese slices with nuts.||Burger with cheese.|
|Dinner||Salmon with asparagus cooked in butter.||Meatballs, cheddar cheese and vegetables.||Parmesan cheese, broccoli||Chicken stuffed with pesto with vegetables and cream cheese.||Cheese burger with bacon and egg||Fish, eggs, and spinach cooked in coconut oil||Steak, salad, egg.|