Dukan diet recipes
While Kate Middleton tied knots with Prince Williams in the year 2011, there were the reports surfaced in media that she is following a “ Dukan diet” to stay in shape. Dukan diet plan is easy to follow and basically a high-on protein diet which is quite popular in Europe and made its way into the lifestyle of many Hollywood celebrities in the past few years. The Dukan diet is all based on the list of 100 food items that can be eaten in the process and you don’t really need to count your calories at the same time.
Putting some more light on to the “Dukan diet” concept
The Dukan diet was created by French practitioner and nutritionist Pierre dukan in the year 2000, with a perspective to provide a perfect weight loss diet plan to her clients. While designing the same diet plan, she claimed that a dukan diet can help you shed 10 pounds in a week and the same weight would never come back to you again.
The diet plan is quite simple and easy to follow and you don’t really need to track your calories intake in the process. You can eat as much as you want from the Dukan diet food list and most of the contents are high on protein and low in fats and carbs.
What all you can eat in a Dukan diet?
The Dukan diet has four phases and you will be eating a lot of protein and oat bran in the process.
- The first phase, also known as “Attack” phase will last from the first day till the 10th day of the diet plan. During the same period, you will be eating all the lean protein you can, along with 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran. You also need to ensure drinking at least 6 cups of water on a daily basis.
- The there will be the “Cruise” phase (which can go on for several months) where you can add unlimited quantities of non-starchy veggies every alternate day, along with an extra half-tablespoon of oat bran.
- Its then when you enter the third stage, known as the “Consolidation” period. You can now consume non-starchy veggies every day, along with a fruit, 2 slices of whole-wheat bread, plus 1 serving of low fat cheese. One of the most interesting parts of this phase is that you can have around 1 or 2 servings of starchy foods plus 1 or 2 “celebration” meals (eat whatever you want).
- The final phase known as the “Stabilization” (ongoing) process is mostly about maintaining the diet regimen. You can simply have whatever you want, except for that one day in the week where you got to follow the lean protein rules from the “Attack” phase of the dukan diet. Once again, during the process, you will be eating 3 tablespoons of oat bran on a daily basis whilst walking for around 20 minutes a day.
- As we just went through the details of the “much talked about” Dukan diet, let’s have a look at some of the best Dukan diet recipes to try out.
Few “must try “ Dukan diet recipes
Low fat Tuna salad
This low fat salad is perfectly made to treat your taste buds along with your health priorities. This would come as a treat to everyone who loves the tuna and want to try it out with some fresh veggies.
Ingredients ( 5 servings )
- Tuna( 2 cans)
- Sugar-free sweet relish(1/4 cup)
- Grated onion(2 Tablespoons)
- Fat free sour cream(1/2 cup)
- Fat free cottage cheese(1/2 cup)
- Salt & pepper( as per taste)
Steps of preparation
Firstly you need to drain the Tuna and flake it into a small bowl
Place the relish into a dishrag and completely drain all the liquid until you get around ¼ cup of dry relish
Now squeeze the cheese completely in the same rag till you get around ½ cup of dry curd.
Now add sour cream, onion, salt and pepper to the same bowl. Stir the solution well and put it in refrigerator.
Tangy lime shrimp
Who wouldn’t love the delicious shrimp with a tangy lemon touch ? Well you surely would if that would fit in your dukan diet regimen. Try this out as a breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Ingredients ( 2 servings )
- Ready to cook shrimp(28 nos)
- Juiced limes (1/2)
- Salt(2 dashes)
- Black pepper(3/4 tsp)
- Chopped onion(2 tbsp)
- Cooking oil spray
Steps for preparation
Take a large pan and spray cooking oil into it with medium heat.
Put all the ingredients into the pan and sauté the mix until it turns golden brown.
Ensure the shrimps are perfectly cooked and grabbed the spices and juices from the other ingredients. Serve hot.
Lemon ricotta galette
You might find the oat bran a bit boring in the dukan diet and this is where this oat bran pancake will come as a winner to you.
Ingredients ( 2 servings)
- Egg whites(2 nos)
- Oat bran(4 tablespoons)
- Fat-free plain Greek yogurt(2 tablespoons)
- Fat-free ricotta(2 tablespoons)
- Small lemon’s zest (1/2)
- Stevia(1 teaspoon)
Steps for preparation
Take a small bowl and whisk the eggs until they get foamy. Take another bowl and add the oat bran, ricotta, Greek yogurt, lemon zest and stevia.
Pour the beaten egg mix into the same solution and blend it perfectly. Now place a small pan onto medium heat and pour the whole mix into the same. Cook the whole mix until the undersides get golden brown and the top gets dried. Carefully flip the galette and cook the other side in the same manner.
Take the pancake off from the pan and allow it to cool for around 5 minutes.
Once again the hardest part of a dukan diet is to manage the Oat bran. Thus, we are here with a Dukan diet Oat muffin recipe to relish your cravings.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- Oat bran(1/4 cup)
- Fat free ricotta(1/4 cup)
- Egg substitute(1/4 cup)
- Salt, pepper and garlic( as per taste)
Steps for preparation
Preheat the oven for 400 degrees and mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
Take muffin cups and grease them with a bit of oil. Pour the mix into muffin cups and let them bake for around 15 minutes in the oven.
Once baked perfectly, allow the muffins to cool and serve fresh.
Dukan egg and ham pies
If you are on a dukan diet and missing those good old pies, this one is surely for you. The recipe works best in both attack phase and cruise phase.
Ingredients ( 12 servings)
- Olive oil or butter(3 tsp)
- Low fat ham(12 thin slices)
- Large eggs(12 nos)
- Sour cream(2 tbsp)
- Sea salt( as per taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan(4tbsp)
Steps for preparation
Preheat the oven for around 180 degrees
Take a 12-hole muffin tray and grease it with either oil or butter. Now gently place a slice of ham into the sides of each mould whilst breaking an egg on the hollow. Squeeze some cream and sprinkle the sea salt, pepper and parmesan on top.
Bake for around 15 minutes until the egg is set and starts shrinking away from the tin sides.
Let the solution cool for some time and then run a knife around to slice the ham and egg to a wire tray. Serve hot and fresh