1600 Calorie Paleo Meal Plan – Overview
The Paleo diet is a diet that has become increasingly popular in recent years, due to its simple requirements, but great results.
On the Paleo diet, processed foods should be cut out and replaced with natural foods whenever possible.
In this article, we will examine a sample meal plan together with the food groups that should and should not be consumed while on this diet.
All About Paleo Diet with a 1600 Calorie Paleo Meal Plan
While meat products are consumed freely in the Paleo diet, it is forbidden to consume milk and other dairy products.
At the same time, while the consumption of vegetables and fruits is free, foods from the cereal group should not be consumed.
Other banned foods include salt, sugar and flour, which are called 3 whites.
To adapt to these rules while applying the diet, no food restriction is made for 3 meals a week and free meals are allowed.
For weight loss to occur, this diet plan must be made into a lifestyle. The Paleo diet should be coupled with exercise for best results.
Foods That Should Not Be Consumed in The 1600 Calorie Paleo Meal Plan
- Milk and dairy products such as cream, cheese, buttermilk, yogurt, kefir, ice cream, and powdered milk
- Cereal products such as pasta, rice, bulgur, bread, crackers, pancakes, oatmeal, lasagna, and sandwiches
- Potato, corn, corn syrup
- Most oil, and foods such as butter and margarine
- Snacks such as confectionery, pastries, biscuits, crackers, chips
- Juices, carbonated drinks, energy drinks, and alcohol
- Legumes such as mung beans, dry beans, broad beans, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, soybeans, peanuts, peanut butter, black beans
- Highly salty foods such as ketchup, mayonnaise, fries, pickled products, pickles
- Processed delicatessen products such as salami, sausage
- Artificial sweeteners
Foods That Are Free to Consume in The Paleo Diet
- Meat types such as chicken, beef, turkey, steak, pork, lamb, goose meat
- Vegetables such as asparagus, celery, artichoke, spinach, cabbage, zucchini, broccoli, parsley, eggplant, green onion, avocado, pepper (yellow, green, red), cauliflower, leek, tomato, green beans, fresh mint, Brussels sprouts
- Starchy foods such as pumpkin, sweet potatoes, and beets should be consumed in small amounts.
- Olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil
- Apples, mangoes, plums, blueberries, grapes, tangerines, oranges, figs, pineapples, strawberries, lemons, bananas, peaches, raspberries, watermelons and melons
- Almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts can be consumed.
- Seafood such as salmon, lobster, oysters, swordfish, trout, tuna, sardines, crab, shrimp
How Many Pounds Do People On The Paleo Diet Lose?
The weight lost as a result of this diet varies according to the calories of the diet and the metabolism of the person.
The weight loss process or speed varies according to the working speed of the person’s metabolism, eating habits and physical activity. Those who follow the Paleo diet seem to lose an average of 2-3 lbs per week.
However, it should not be forgotten that the weight loss quickly and without permanent can be regained quickly.
The nutrition plan to be applied depends on the age, gender, height, weight and physical activity level of the person.
In the Paleo diet, there are too many food restrictions and cannot be taken in sufficient amounts from all food groups. Therefore, it may not give positive results to every individual.
How Many Days Can The Paleo Diet Be Applied?
There is no time limit for the application of the Paleo diet. However, due to the limited variety of food, you may get insufficient nutrients. It should be kept in mind that in case of increased insufficiency, various health problems may occur.
1600 Calorie Paleo Meal Plan
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tomato, 1 cucumber
- 2 walnuts
- 10 nuts
- 2 dried apricots
- 1 banana
- 200 grams of boiled or grilled meat, chicken or fish
- Boiled vegetables (a large portion of broccoli is a good option)
- Salad made with plenty of greenery (1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon)
- 1 banana
- 2 walnuts
- Olive oil vegetable dish
- 1 banana
Are there any dangers in following the Paleo diet?
In this diet system, it is forbidden to consume milk and dairy products, legumes and cereal groups.
For this reason, digestive problems due to insufficient fiber intake, insufficiency of B group vitamins and folate, irritability, fatigue and weakness can be seen.
Since malnutrition from a dairy group can cause calcium and vitamin D deficiency, there may also be problems in bone and dental health.
Printable (PDF) 1600 Calorie Paleo Meal Plan
1 Tomato, 1 cucumber
2 dried apricots
|Lunch||200 grams of boiled or grilled meat, chicken or fish|
Boiled vegetables (a large portion of broccoli is a good option)
Salad made with plenty of greenery (1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon)
|Dinner||Olive oil vegetable dish|