Walnuts for weight loss? There has been much discussion lately on crash diets that focus on consuming one type of food. The walnut diet for weight loss has become increasingly popular in recent years. But does it work?
Walnuts for Weight Loss: Let’s Discuss All Aspects
Everybody knows the benefits of walnuts; balancing cholesterol, strengthening memory, even protecting the body against cardiovascular diseases.
And we eat walnuts with pleasure due to their delicious flavor. But the question here is a little different.
This time, we are looking for the answer to the question of whether walnuts help us lose weight.
So, is it possible to lose weight with walnuts? The answer is yes! In this article, we will explain the walnut diet in all its aspect and learn its effects on the body and how it can help you lose weight.
What Is The Walnut Diet?
The walnut diet, as its name suggests, is a diet that is made by adding plenty of walnuts into the diet, which accelerates weight loss.
Although it is recommended to drink walnut milk instead of eating walnuts in some diet programs, this time we are talking about a diet that is applied by eating walnuts directly.
For those who worry about what the benefits of this diet are, let’s list a few:
- It keeps you full for a long time.
- Due to the nutritional fiber, it contains, it supports the healthy functioning of the digestive and excretory systems.
- It is the solution to problems such as fatigue and weakness that can be experienced during weight loss and diet stages by giving energy to the body.
- It helps keep cholesterol in balance.
- Due to all these effects, the walnut diet helps you lose weight effectively in a short time.
How Is The Walnut Diet Applied?
The walnut diet should be applied by eating 3 dates and 3 whole walnuts at each of the 3 meals throughout the day.
However, since such a limited diet alone will not be healthy, it is good to consume salads with lots of greens and lemon and low-fat yogurt for snacks.
Apart from that, of course, you mustn’t neglect to drink at least 2 liters of water during the day.
If you want to lose weight, you should consult your doctor and a nutritionist/dietician, make the necessary measurements and create a special diet list for you.
Otherwise, for losing weight, you can harm your health without even realizing it.
What Should Be Considered When Applying a Walnut Diet?
Now that we have learned what the walnut diet is and how to follow it in general, let’s move on to what should be considered about this diet:
- As we said above, you should not start applying any diet yourself, including the walnut diet, and you should ensure that the most appropriate diet program is created for your health by getting support from a nutritionist and dietician.
- Especially if you have a serious/chronic disease, if you need to use regular medication due to various problems, including bad cholesterol, you should consult your doctor and do not follow any diet program that the doctor does not recommend.
- If you are allergic to walnuts or dates, you should never follow this diet.
- You should remember that you can get more effective results by walking at least 30 minutes during the day during the diet.
- You should not neglect to drink plenty of water by learning your daily water needs and sticking to this amount.
- If you experience problems such as dizziness, blackout, nausea, and extreme weakness while dieting, you should consult your doctor immediately.
Benefits of Walnut Water
You can also put 1-2 walnut kernels in 1 glass of water, keep it overnight and get good detox water.
- Due to the abundant protein in it, it keeps you full for a long time and facilitates fat burning.
- It prevents the increase of bad cholesterol and lowers the bad cholesterol that is already high.
- By preventing clogging of the veins, it reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- It is known that walnut juice is also good for thyroid disease
- It supports the healthy functioning of the nervous system with the effect of omega 3 fatty acids.
- It balances blood sugar, especially for those with Type 2 diabetes.
- It supports the healthy functioning of the liver.
- Due to its antioxidant properties, it cleanses the body from toxins
- It also positively affects the health of the skin and hair. It allows you to have stronger and shinier hair and more purified skin.