What is The Vegan Spanish Omelette?
“Tortilla Española” refers to a thinly sliced omelet with lots of potatoes. It is very nutritious as well as being a completely vegan recipe.
Perhaps most importantly, it is practical. You may never have tried it before, but don’t let that discourage you.
This is a simple and easy-to-make recipe that consists of a potato omelet with onions.
Although making it is easy, its taste is layered and fluffy with great texture.
We can smell it already.
If we managed to get you wondering about it too, let us list the ingredients.
Ingredients for Extra Yummy Vegan Spanish Omelette Recipe
2 bottles of Just Egg plant-based egg substitute
2 medium-size potatoes
1 roasted red peppers
1 large onion
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of paprika
As you can see, the ingredients are very few and easily available. Now let’s take a look at this recipe step-by-step.
Vegan Spanish Omelette Recipe
- First, fill a deep pot with water. In this water, we will boil the potatoes. But first, we need to cut the potatoes into rings. Put the potato rings in boiling water and continue cooking until they are tender.
- Get a pan and start preheating it. Meanwhile, finely chop the onions. Then mince the garlic. Put 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the preheated pan and start sautéing the onions. Add the crushed garlic and continue to sauté it all together for 5 minutes.
- Now we will add the roasted red peppers to it.
If you don’t want to use ready-made roasted bell peppers, you can make your own at home. After washing 1 red pepper, dry it thoroughly. Make a few holes in it with a knife and lay it on the stove. Turn the heat on low and roast the pepper, turning it occasionally. Put the pepper in cold water, peel the skin and cut into rings.
- To continue cooking, add the chopped parsley on the onions, add the paprika, salt and pepper and sauté them together for a while. Put the vegetables you sautéed in a deep mixing bowl. Add boiled potatoes to it and mix gently.
- Pour the vegan eggs into another deep mixing bowl. Beat well. Slowly pour into the vegetable mixture and mix gently once more. Pour the entire mixture into a cake tin. Bake in a controlled manner. When the mixture solidifies, just like a cake, it’s done. Invert onto a large flat plate. Sprinkle some scallion on it.
What Else Can Be Used for a Vegan Spanish Omelette?
You want to make some changes to your omelet and are not sure what to use. Maybe we can help you with that too.
You can freely change what’s bothering you about your omelet within your diet.
For example, can’t eat onions that big? No problem. You can grate them instead of chopping them.
If you do not like roasted peppers, you can chop and sauté the peppers while they are fresh.
Do you want to diversify? Then try adding broccoli or baby spinach to the final stage of the mix before it goes into the oven.
Enhance with tofu or cook on the stove instead of in the oven. If you are a bitter lover, you can try adding dried cayenne peppers to it.
This dish gives you every opportunity to use your imagination.
We also have some recommendations to go with vegan Spanish omelets. Next to this dish, we love tomato dishes. For example, you can make mini bruschettas.
You can even enrich those bruschettas with dipping sauces. Apart from that, you can prepare guacamole and toast tiny bread or vegan tortilla chips on the side.
We even have the perfect Guacamole recipe for you.
These are our ideas, but there are plenty of other variations and side dishes you can try. What else would you add to a vegan omelet? Feel free to share with us in the comments.