Here are 3 sugar free desserts diabetics can consume with peace of mind. Dessert recipes that are all delicious and healthy.
Here Are Sugar Free Desserts for Diabetics
Diabetics can also eat dessert. Although this may differ depending on the type of diabetes you have and the progress of your disease, you can choose recipes made with natural sugar that do not contain refined sugar. However, if you have this disease, the first thing you should do about your diet is to consult your doctor and not to choose any recipe that your doctor does not recommend.
Below, we have listed our dessert recipes with the lowest sugar content as possible, but you should evaluate these recipes according to the course of your illness, and you should not forget to eat in moderation and not to overdo it.
Sugar Free Desserts for Diabetics
1. Baked Pumpkin Dessert
You can make dessert but do not use granulated sugar. The taste of pumpkin is enough for this dessert recipe. We include agave syrup in its preparation so that it does not interact with heat during baking. People with diabetes can prepare it with peace of mind. Here is the recipe for this pumpkin dessert:
600 grams of pumpkin
1.5 cups of water
50 grams of walnuts
4 teaspoons agave syrup
- Peel the sliced pumpkins. Be careful not to use the green parts.
- Place the sliced pumpkin in a baking bag. Transfer about 1.5 cups of water to the oven bag.
- Tie the oven bag tightly. Make a few holes in it with a toothpick.
- Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for about 40 minutes, until the pumpkin is soft and browned.
- Put the cooked pumpkin on a serving plate, before it cools down, pour agave syrup on it.
- Sprinkle the walnuts in large pieces and serve without waiting.
2. Yogurt Bar
Yogurt, some honey, colorful fruit, peanuts and oats … While preparing these bars, you may give a chance to fruits, you may not use honey or you may use it by reducing the amount of honey.
250 grams of yogurt
5 tablespoons of honey
1/2 cup red fruits (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
4 tablespoons of oats
2 tablespoons of pistachios (coarsely chopped and without salt)
- Mix the yogurt and honey in a bowl.
- Spread the yogurt-honey mixture on a 20 x 30 cm flat tray on which you use baking paper.
- Sprinkle the fruits, oats and coarsely chopped pistachios over it.
- Leave the mixture in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
- After freezing, cut it into a triangle with a sharp knife and consume it without waiting.
3. Cake Without Sugar, Flour and Oil
Due to the almonds and hazelnuts that make their way into the recipe, there is no need for oil. A muffin-like cake that you cannot resist due to the smell of dried nuts rising from the oven, this cake also has no sugar and flour.
2 large eggs
1.5 cups of almonds
1 cup of hazelnuts
1 tea glass of milk
10 dried apricots
10 dried figs
1 packet of baking powder
1 medium grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of cocoa
- Soak the figs and dried apricots you have plucked the stems from for a short time in warm water.
- Powder the almonds and hazelnuts in a food processor.
- Whisk the eggs with the addition of milk and grated lemon peels until they get a light white color.
- Drain the dried apricots and figs. Chop them into small cubes.
- Add powdered almonds and hazelnuts, chopped dried fruits, baking powder, cinnamon and cocoa to the beaten eggs and continue mixing for a short time.
- Place the muffin sheets in the mold with eye cavities. Share the cake you prepared equally.
- You can cook flour-free and sugar-free cakes in a preheated 180 degree oven for 20-25 minutes and consume them lukewarm.