4 DASH Diet Smoothies for Blood Pressure
It is known that blood pressure diseases or disorders affect more than one billion people in the world.
This issue, which is daily increasing, has more than doubled in the last 40 years. In this sense, it is a serious health problem.
Improper diets can play a role in increasing high blood pressure.
To prevent this situation, different and personalized nutrition plans with a focus on improving blood pressure are a must.
This diet, which was developed after it was seen that the risk of developing high blood pressure was much lower in vegans and vegetarians, is based on vegetables and fruits.
That’s why we’re going to present you with smoothie recipes that will contribute to lowering your blood pressure.
Watch DASH Diet Banana Smoothie Recipe Video
How to Apply the DASH Diet
In the DASH diet, it is recommended to eat mainly vegetables, fruits, whole grains and healthy grain types, and some meat types with low-fat content.
This diet, which also includes lean protein sources such as fish and chicken, mainly includes the consumption of vegetables and fruits.
Foods such as red meat, sugar, fat, and salt are among the foods that should be avoided.
Reducing the amount of salt has made this diet an ideal diet for people with high blood pressure. In the DASH diet, no more salt is taken than 1 teaspoon a day.
DASH Diet Smoothies for Blood Pressure
1. Banana Smoothie (1 Serving)
Net Carb: 70g
Total Fat: 1g
We start with the most compatible fruit for smoothie recipes: Banana.
1 tablespoon of honey
1.5 cups of nonfat cold milk
0.2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
The little amount of cinnamon
- For the banana smoothie recipe, let’s first peel the banana and put it into the blender.
- Run the blender, adding honey, cold milk, yogurt and cinnamon. You can run the blender on low then high.
- When all the ingredients are pureed, turn off the blender. You can adjust the consistency of your drink by adding yogurt or milk.
If you want to make your banana smoothie on hot summer days, you can leave your bananas in the freezer before. However, it will be better to make your freeze drinks in a smoothie blender. Unlike other blenders, the smoothie blender has an ice crushing feature and its engine is much more powerful.
2. Raspberry-Strawberry Smoothie (1 Serving)
Net Carb: 15g
Total Fat: 1g
Healthy and delicious, you will be sure to fall in love with this raspberry and strawberry smoothie recipe.
A little less skim milk than half a cup
A little less than half a cup of water
1 cup of frozen / fresh raspberries
5 medium strawberries
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of coconut (optional)
- Wash the strawberries, cut the heads, cut them in half and mash them in the rondo with all other ingredients.
- Your smoothie is ready
- If you wish, you can add 1 teaspoon of chia seeds.
3. Watermelon – Beet Smoothie Recipe (1 Serving)
Net Carb: 38g
Total Fat: 2g
This delicious smoothie, which gets all its energy from red fruits and vegetables, is perfect for anyone on a diet.
You can even choose to drink this smoothie instead of eating at lunchtime and instantly feel the relief in your stomach.
1 thick slice of watermelon
Half of a medium-sized beet
Half a banana
A slice of orange
3 raw nuts
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ginger
Half a lemon
- Dice the watermelons and remove the seeds
- Fill it in the jug and put it in the freezer.
- Cut the bananas into large slices and put them also in the freezer
- Peel the beets, crush them to the food processor and refrigerate. Allow them to remain in the fridge for 15 minutes while you make your preparations. We store the ingredients in the freezer, not to freeze them, but to cool down and harden slightly.
- Stir the watermelon with the blender a little, let it crumble and make room for other ingredients.
- Add the banana, cut orange slices and beets on top.
- Add the hazelnuts, lemon, cinnamon, ginger and continue to mix. If you want, you can also add ice cubes at this stage.
- You can also add some skimmed milk if you wish.
4. Kefir Smoothie
Net Carb: 28g
Total Fat: 4g
Is there anyone else who doesn’t know the benefits of kefir? So let’s quickly move on to the recipe.
13.5 fl oz kefir
1 teaspoon of honey
6 cubes of ice
Blend all ingredients and serve it without waiting.