No matter if it serves as a quick breakfast option or a perfect post-workout refueling meal, a low-carb blueberry smoothie is always the right and most flavorsome way to start your mornings.
It’s loaded with all the vitamins, antioxidants, and other essential nutrients to take care of your daily nutritional requirements.
Besides, it doesn’t also bring any unwanted calories, preservatives, or chemicals to your gut.
Health benefits of low carb blueberry smoothie
Strengthening your immunity
This smoothie’s core ingredient i.e, blueberry, is rich in high-quality antioxidants that help your body fight all the free radicals within. These Free radicals are the primary cause of most health-related issues.
So, as you increase the number of antioxidants in your blood by consuming blueberries, your immune system will also get strengthened.
Moreover, this smoothie also contains Vitamin C which has proven its significance in boosting humans’ immunity for ages.
High on nutrition
Besides the presence of antioxidants, this low-carb blueberry smoothie also incorporates several other essential nutrients like Folate ( also known as Vitamin B9), Vitamin C, and calcium.
Speaking of folate, it is helpful for all pregnant women as it ensures a normal fatal development while eliminating the risk of several neural tube defects.
It’s not just about women, and Folate also helps ensure the correct chromosomal structure in men’s sperm. Also, the presence of protein within this smoothie will help you recover after a hardcore workout session.
Helps in Weight loss
Losing weight has become the top priority for most people around the world. But yes, they often get confused about what diet or recipe is best suitable for their weight loss process.
So, if you are one of the lots, try including this recipe in your daily menu and see the difference yourself.
This low-carb blueberry smoothie got its all- high-quality proteins, vitamins, antioxidants, and other essential nutrients.
Hence, you can always stay in the clean eating mode without compromising with your untimely hunger pangs.
Handy tips for preparing the low carb blueberry smoothie
- You can add half a cup of non-fat yogurt to add a bit more twist to the flavors and texture of this low-carb blueberry smoothie.
- Just in case you don’t have the MCT oil or coconut oil available, try any other healthy fat option like olive oil or avocado to the mix.
- You can replace Protein powder with Raw eggs if the former is not available to you. Still, ensure to check for any allergy to salmonella present in raw eggs.
- Opt for skimmed milk or your favorite non-fat milk option if you don’t like the flavor or taste of almond or coconut milk in this recipe
- This recipe can be made with or without ice. Still, the addition of some ice cubes will add a bit more icy punch to your low-carb blueberry smoothie.
Damla Sengul, a seasoned Food Editor at Dietsmealplan.com, boasts a 5-year worth of expertise as a digital editor, with a specific focus on authentic recipe content. Her expertise extends to various crucial aspects of the cookery world, including in-depth research on renowned chefs worldwide and innovative recipe development. Additionally, Damla is an enthusiastic baker who dedicates part of her time crafting delightful celebration cakes for her friends.