Keto chocolate smoothie is gold for all those die-hard chocolate fans that have just started practicing the keto diet. Besides being super healthy and filling, the smoothie is easy to prepare.
Now, before you jump on to the full recipe and the listed ingredients, you must first get through the key factors that need to be considered during the preparation of this Keto chocolate smoothie.
Keto chocolate smoothie preparation
The ingredient list must include all the keto-friendly foods
Even though we are talking about a chocolate smoothie here, you cannot breach the rules of a keto diet during its preparation, Every ingredient that has been used must come low in carbs and calories.
Moreover, the protein and fat content needs to be there in the recipe to fulfill your nutritional requirements right at the start of the day.
No added preservatives or artificial flavors
The addition of any unwanted preservative or artificial flavor is strictly prohibited in a keto diet. So, the same rule needs to be followed during the preparation of this Keto chocolate smoothie.
Still, you can always opt for healthier alternatives ( organic sugar in place of table sugar as an example)in the same respect.
Although the calorie count needs to be on the lower side, the recipe must include all the right ingredients to fulfill the daily nutritional requirements of your body.
Hence, the Keto chocolate smoothie must be healthier and filling enough to satisfy your hunger pangs for the next few hours.
Check if you are allergic to some ingredient
This Keto chocolate smoothie will include some base ingredients like raw eggs, whey protein, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. So, you can opt for healthier alternatives in case you are allergic to any of the listed ingredients.
Instead of raw eggs, you can use chia seeds or almond butter. Instead of whey protein powder, you can go for any plant-based protein powder as per your taste and preference.
The ingredient list for the preparation of the Keto chocolate smoothie
- Whole eggs ( Raw or pasteurized)
- 1/4 cup whipped cream or almond milk/coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate whey protein powder or any plant-based chocolate-flavored protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of MCT oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4-5 drops of stevia or any other unsweetened organic sugar
- 1 cup of water with 3-4 ice cubes
- Half teaspoon of cinnamon or unsweetened vanilla extract ( Optional )
Steps for preparing Keto chocolate smoothie
Pour the pasteurized or raw eggs into the blender. Now, add whipped cream or coconut milk, cocoa powder, stevia, and ice cubes into the mix.
Add other ingredients like the protein powder and the MCT oil to the mix. If you don’t have MCT oil, you can also use coconut oil. Once done, blend all the ingredients properly. Doing that, ensure that the coconut oil isn’t creating any lumps in the mix.
Pulse the mix for around 1 minute while checking for its thickness and consistency. Coconut oil solidifies easily so you have to check on the creation of any unwanted lumps in the mix.
Your Keto chocolate smoothie is ready. You can serve it with some dark chocolate flakes on top of any of your preferred toppings.
Handy tips for Keto chocolate smoothie preparation
- You can always make changes in the list of ingredients as per your choice and preference. Still, don’t compromise on the nutritional aspect while choosing only keto-friendly foods
- Pasteurize the eggs if you are allergic to salmonella present in raw eggs. Similarly, opt for plant-based protein powder if you are allergic to lactose present in whey
- Just in case you don’t like the flavor and fragrance of cardamom, you can replace it with almonds or oranges
- Let the ingredients come to room temperature before putting them in the blending jar. This will ensure the right texture and consistency of your Keto chocolate smoothie.
Bottom-line for Keto chocolate smoothie
This smoothie is certainly the best answer to all those untimely hunger pangs during the keto diet, Besides being high on taste and nutrition, it doesn’t bring along many calories to your gut.
Try out this recipe and let us know about your views and feedback in the comments section down below.
Also, stay tuned for some more healthy recipes and diet plans to facilitate your health and fitness goals.