We have interpreted this delicious and protein-packed cilbir recipe for you, which is incredibly easy to make. We put the yogurt-garlic mixture at the bottom and poured the yummy spiced butter on it. This will be the most unusual poached egg recipe you’ve ever had. We love it! Now it’s your turn to try it and tell us what you think.
What Is The Turkish Cilbir Recipe?
It is one of the most popular flavors of Turkey, Turkish Cilbir is a dish of poached eggs and yogurt. This dish is so delicious and beneficial for your health that Ottoman sultans consumed it frequently starting in the 15th century.
Cilbir is a very versatile dish that can be made quickly and eaten for breakfast, or as a side dish for dinner. Its real star is the poached egg inside. But still, every single ingredient in the recipe does its job really well. You will see this more clearly when we start explaining the recipe. We hope you try this recipe. Because in our opinion, this is one of the most delicious ways to get you daily protein. But is it just the egg in it that makes it so high in protein? No. Let’s take a look at these materials without leaving you wondering any more.
Ingredients for Turkish Cilbir Recipe
6 slices of bacon — 23.4 grams of protein
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of butter — 0.1 grams of protein
6 tablespoons of Greek yogurt — 9.3 grams of protein
1 clove of garlic — 0.2 grams of protein
4 eggs — 25.2 grams of protein
4 tablespoons of any vinegar
4 cups of water
1 teaspoon paprika
This meal for 2 contains 29.1 grams of protein per serving. It is made with a few simple ingredients that are very easy to find. So let’s not waste any more time. Because we think that everyone should try this irresistible flavor immediately.
Step-By-Step Cilbir Recipe
- Start by boiling the water. Get a medium saucepan and fill half the saucepan with the boiled water. Turn on the heat and let the water boil a little longer in the saucepan. Meanwhile, you can start preparing the ingredients for Cilbir.
- Take the Greek yogurt in a large bowl. Add the crushed garlic. If your clove of garlic is large, that will be enough. But if the garlic cloves are small, you can use 3-4 of them. The taste of garlic should be well evident in the Greek yogurt.
Tip 1: If you don’t have a garlic crusher, add a little salt while chopping it into small pieces with a knife and continue chopping. This will enhance its flavor.
- Add salt to the yogurt and mix well. Make sure everything is well mixed together. Remove your serving plate and place the Greek yogurt on the bottom of the plate.
- Take out a non-stick pan. Put it on the stove and start preheating. Put the bacon on it and cook it front and back. When the bacon is crispy, add 1 teaspoon of butter, turn off the stove and cook a little while stirring in a pan with the flame turned off.
- Get a small bowl. First, break 1 egg into the bowl. Then add vinegar to the boiling water. Mix the water and make a whirlpool. As the vortex continues to spin, put the egg into it.
Tip 2: Break the eggs into the bowl first, then transfer them to the saucepan, as putting the eggs directly into the saucepan can cause them to spoil.
Tip 3: Adding vinegar to the water prevents the egg from breaking down, while also preventing it from losing its protein in boiling water. Please do not skip this as this is an important detail.
- Cook the egg in boiling water on low heat for 1 minute without touching it. Apply the process separately for each egg. So when one egg is cooked, take it out and put in the second one.
- Put the egg that you took out of the water on the Greek yogurt while it is still hot. Now you have spread Greek yogurt on the bottom of the plate. Put the poached eggs on it. Now it’s time to make a sauce from a butter.
- Get your smallest pan. Put it on the smallest part of the stove and start preheating as we do before cooking or frying everything. Put 1 tablespoon of butter in a sufficiently heated pan. You can see it foaming up a bit as the oil melts and starts to heat up. At this very moment, add paprika. If you delay adding the paprika, the butter may burn. Therefore, add the red pepper immediately after it melts and heat it a little with the butter.
- Drizzle the butter over the egg with Greek yogurt. Then put the fried bacon on the top. And it’s ready!
We hope you try this dish. Because once you try it, you will want to make it every day. It is both healthy, ready in a short time, and delicious. Moreover, this dish is open to all changes. You have the right to add or cut some things you don’t like from the recipe. So, is there anything you would like to add to this recipe? Share it with us in the comments and let us know.