Keto Meal Plan On A Budget – Overview
People often go by the misconception that the Keto diet is quite expensive and only high-end celebs can afford it. Well, with keto on a budget meal plan by your side, you can always do the unthinkable.
The very first thing that you got to understand in the same context is that your main focus must be on lowering the carb intake while increasing the protein and fat intake alongside.
And yes, this is how you can achieve those weight loss goals on a keto diet without spending much during the process.
Handy tips for going ‘Keto on a budget
- Always keep your meals as simple as possible and you don’t need to experiment t a lot by including expensive food items.
- Go for the seasonal fruits and vegetables that are less expensive than the other lot.
- Try to buy chicken, meat, and poultry in bulk as that way you can earn some good discounts and the items can then be adjusted in your weekly meals.
- Check out the deals and offers on all the nearby grocery stores on food items that are a part of your ‘Keto on a budget list.
- Opt for frozen food items instead of fresh as that would cost you less than their fresh counterparts.
- Plan your meals before heading to the grocery store as that way you can avoid buying stuff that is not necessary for your diet plan
- Go for cheaper protein options like eggs and chicken thighs to fulfill your daily protein requirements during Keto on a budget.
- Surf through all the available online grocery stores that offer attractive discounts and offers every time of the year.
Grocery list for ‘Keto on a budget
- Proteins-Eggs, Chicken thighs, canned tuna, pork chops, cottage cheese, whole chicken
- Low-starchy vegetables-broccoli, cauliflower, celery, asparagus, green beans, cabbage, cucumber, eggplant, mushrooms
- Low carb fruits-Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, plums, clementines, kiwi or cherries
- Healthy fats– Shredded coconut(bulk), almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pecans, hemp hearts, chia seeds, flax seeds, Olive oils, and Avocado
Now, once you are prepared with your grocery list while keeping the above tips in mind, it’s time to plan up your weekly meals for ‘Keto on a budget.
Weekly sample meals for Keto on budget
Breakfast- 1 serving of Scrambled eggs with spinach and cottage cheese with 2 cups of strawberries
Lunch- 1 serving of Caprese salad with an apple with almond butter
Dinner- 1 serving of cucumbers and egg salad with 2 servings of roasted broccoli
Breakfast- 1 serving of Garlic egg omelet with 1 apple
Lunch- 4 cups of strawberry flavored water with 2 servings of Caprese salad
Dinner- 1 serving of Fire roasted tomatoes with cheese with garlic roasted Brussell sprouts
Breakfast- 4 servings of over-easy eggs with 2 cups of strawberries
Lunch- Almonds (2 oz)
Dinner- 1 serving of Chicken kebabs with 1 serving of sautéed spinach with onions
Breakfast- 1 serving of sausage, eggs and cheese scramble with 1 apple
Lunch- Almonds (2 oz)
Dinner- 2 servings of Detox broccoli soup
Breakfast- 2 servings of Mushroom and pepper egg white omelet with 1 orange
Lunch- 4 cups of strawberry flavored water with 1 avocado
Dinner- 1 serving of shake and bake chicken strips with 6 spears of roasted asparagus
Breakfast- 2 servings of Cream cheese omelet with 2 strips of bacon
Lunch- 2 servings of arugula salad with 2 servings of cheese slices
Dinner- 2 servings of warm bacon keto broccoli salad with 2 servings of easy-boiled eggs
Breakfast- 1 serving of spinach scrambled eggs
Lunch- 4 cups of strawberry-flavored water with 1 avocado
Dinner- 1 serving of egg drop soup with 2 servings of steamed broccoli
Summing it up
Keto on a budget is quite possible for everyone around. All it takes is some planning and putting the right things into your grocery list.
Still, it is always advisable to prepare your meals at the start of the week so that you don’t need to waste all the time and effort during the weekdays.
While the above-mentioned ‘ Keto on a budget meal plan does not carry any side effects, you still need to consult your doctor or physician before getting on board.
1200 calorie meal plan on a budget
How to lose weight on a budget and busy schedule