Dukan diet cookies can come to your rescue for all those mid-day hunger pangs and sugar cravings. While you should not expect them to be identical to all those traditional cookies (with lots of sugar and calories), the taste and flavors of these cookies are right on par. Once you start enjoying them repeatedly you may forget about the taste of traditional cookies.
Before you jump any further with these Dukan diet cookies, let’s understand the basic Dukan diet concepts.
Understanding the basic concept of the Dukan diet
The Dukan diet was created and designed by famous nutritionist Pierre Dukan in the year 2000. Within a few months, this diet gained immense popularity due to its effectiveness in triggering weight loss in humans.
While following this diet plan, you must consume foods that are high in proteins and low in carbohydrates.
So, that was a sneak peek of the core concepts of a Dukan diet that you should know about before getting started with the preparation of Dukan diet cookies.
- Eggs (2 nos)
- Oat bran (¼ cup)
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
- Vanilla extract or Vanilla yogurt (1/6 cup)
- Sliced walnuts (optional)
- Chopped almonds (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to around 180 degrees Celsius while preparing two baking sheets alongside. As you prepare the baking sheets, ensure that they must fit rightly into the oven during the baking process.
Once done, gently coat the baking sheet’s surface with oil( while using the pastry brush).
Take a large bowl and first whisk the wet ingredient in the list (vanilla yogurt, eggs, and honey). Once done, gently pour all the dry ingredients into the same mix( oat bran and baking powder).
Keep mixing the ingredients until the mix gets smooth and thick. Ensure that the cookie dough has reached the desired texture and consistency.
Now carefully place the cookie dough into the baking sheets while using a small scoop or spoon. Just in case you want your cookies to be of the same size, go with the scoop and not the spoon.
Once you are placing the cookie dough on the baking sheet, try keeping a space of at least 2 inches between the cookie dough and the baking tray’s edges.
Additionally, you must check the elasticity of the cookie dough while placing it on the baking tray. If it is too elastic, freeze it for around 10-15 minutes before placing it in the oven.
Put the baking tray in the pre-heated oven ( opt for middle-lower rack to let the cookies get the right amount of heat). Wait for around 15 minutes or until you see the cookies getting those golden brown edges.
Once done, carefully take out the baked cookies from the oven and let them rest for around 1 minute at room temperature. Your oat bran Dukan diet cookies are ready to be served!
- If you want your Dukan diet cookies to be extra crispy and crunchy, flip them over (after taking them out from the oven) and place it back in the oven. This will help them to get baked equally from both sides.
- You can always experiment with the ingredients according to your taste and preference. While doing that, do ensure to follow the rules and guidelines of the Dukan diet.
- You can also add dark choco chips into the mix to get that nutty texture and flavor from your Dukan diet cookies.
- Focus on keeping the right consistency and elasticity of the cookie dough to get the desired texture and shape
- Usage of table sugar and salt is strictly prohibited in the Dukan diet. Still, you can replace them with honey and rock salt to keep the taste and flavor intact.
These Dukan diet cookies will serve perfectly for all those untimely hunger pangs during the Dukan diet. It’s highly recommended to consume Dukan diet cookies as snacks and not go overboard with their consumption as over eating these cookies can exceed your calorie intake dramatically. Just remember, this recipe is provided to you so that you can continue enjoying cookies during your Dukan diet (not necessarily for adding more calories to your diet).
You can also try to include your favorite flavors and ingredients to the mix as long as they are allowed the phases of the Dukan diet you follow. Also, keep checking this space for some more fabulous recipes and diet plans.