Did you know you can make a tasty teriyaki chicken fried rice in just 4 steps? Here is the secret to making this dish with inspiration from Japanese cuisine.
Cook Like a Chef: Tasty Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice
Whether you like protein-rich meals, carbohydrates and protein together, or are just looking for a tasty meal for your diet, this is an ideal recipe for you.
The protein in this recipe keeps you full while supporting muscle growth, is low in calories, and when combined with carbohydrates, provides you with great fuel.
This is an ideal meal for the noon hours of a busy working day.
Ingredients for Tasty Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 cup of teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup of carrot (diced)
- 1 cup of broccoli floret
- 3 eggs (beaten well)
- 3 cups of brown rice (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Salt, pepper
Step 1: Rice
Start by roasting a cup of rice in the pot you’ve preheated. Pour one and a half cups of water over it, add the salt and cook until the water is completely absorbed.
Turn off the heat and let the rice rest while you prepare the chicken. We will use the cooked rice in the last step.
Step 2: Prepare the Chicken
Chop the chicken into cubes. Get a deep bowl and put the chopped chicken in it. Pour the teriyaki sauce and mix thoroughly. Make sure the sauce touches every part of the chicken cubes.
At this point, the sauce might seem like too much to you, but actually, it will be correct in the end. Cover the bowl with cling film and let it marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Ideally, you should let it marinate overnight. Once it has marinated, get your wok, put it on the stove and preheat.
Step 3: Cook
When the wok is hot enough, add the marinated chicken. Continue cooking. When cooked enough, it will have a slightly darker color. Remove the wok from the stove and set it elsewhere.
Now get another pan or wok and preheat it. When it’s hot enough, add the oil and the onions and continue cooking. Then add the garlic and carrots. Let them fry for a while.
Add the broccoli and fry them all together. Now gather the ingredients to the edge of the wok to make room for the eggs.
Add the eggs and mix and cook them on one side, away from the other ingredients. When they are cooked enough, continue to cook after mixing them with the vegetables.
Step 4: Combining
Now pour the rice you cooked in the first step into the wok. Then pour the chicken you set aside.
Add the soy sauce. Add the sesame oil. Finally, pour the black pepper and salt and mix them well.
Now the tasty teriyaki chicken fried rice is ready. Place on plates and serve with lots of lettuce.
Bonus: How To Make Homemade Soy Sauce
We’ve kept the big surprise for the end! You can also make the soy sauce you use in this recipe in your own home. Soy sauce is one of the indispensable ingredients of Asian cuisine.
You buy a pre-made soy sauce that can be used both in cooking and serving, right? We left this secret for the end of the article, as we think you will enjoy homemade sauce more.
If you want to make soy sauce at home, follow these steps.
- 17 fl oz dry soybeans
- 3 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of rock salt
- 5 cups of water
- Boil the soybeans for a long time until they are soft.
- Drain the water and put it in a bowl.
- Add flour and knead until it reaches a dough-like consistency.
- Spread the dough in a very thin layer on a tray.
- Leave it in the sun for 7 to 10 days until it turns moldy. In the meantime, do not touch or mix.
- After it gets moldy, take it from the tray and put it in a deep bowl.
- Dissolve rock salt in 5 cups of water.
- Add the saltwater to the moldy dough.
- Cover with lid and leave it in a sunny place for 3 more weeks.
- At the end of the process, pass it through a very fine strainer. Put the soy sauce you have in a glass jar and keep it closed.
- Enjoy it!