Looking for a chicken pesto pasta with tomatoes recipe? I’m sure you also want it to be healthy. Everything is calculated for you today. Let’s dive right into this chicken pesto pasta recipe.
Let’s Learn About this Chicken Pesto Pasta with Tomatoes Recipe
Who can say no to a healthy and delicious recipe? Especially when it comes to pasta. Pasta with pesto sauce and wonderfully cooked chicken and vegetables can make you feel like you are in Italy.
Now, as the Italian chef of your own home, put on your kitchen apron, turn on your favorite song, wash your hands and let’s get started.
Now it’s time for the ingredients. Let me list the ingredients you need to prepare so that nothing is missing:
Ingredients for Chicken Pesto Pasta with Tomatoes Recipe
- 16 ounces pasta (gluten-free if needed or whole grain)
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup of Italian salad dressing (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 pesto sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/3 cup of shredded parmesan cheese (fat-free white cheddar cheese or fat-free string cheese)
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast (Chop into long and thin slices to cook faster and better)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Here are all the ingredients you need. Let’s talk step by step about how to cook this delicious pasta.
Chicken Pesto Pasta with Tomatoes Recipe
Get a deep bowl to prepare the sauce. First, put the yogurt, then the pesto sauce, and then the Italian dressing in it. Make sure to mix it well. If blended properly, you’ll get a thick green sauce.
Put the pan on the stove and start preheating. This is an important part.
While the pan is being pre-heated, you can now process the chicken. Cut the chicken into fillets. They must be thin.
Spread parchment paper on the countertop (a cutting board also works), to make your job easier.
Take the chicken you cut onto the parchment paper and pour the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder and a few drops of olive oil over them in turn.
Rub it in.
Make sure the spices touch all parts of the chicken.
The pan is now hot and ready for you to pour olive oil on it. (Meanwhile, you can start boiling the pasta.)
When the oil is warm, put your chicken on it. Turn often the chicken that is starting to fry. We will do this so that both sides are browned evenly.
When they get a golden color, take them and place them on the cutting board.
Put the boiled pasta in a deep bowl.
Put the chicken on it.
Add the cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
Add the basil.
Pour the sauce you prepared in the first step. (don’t forget to mix once more before pouring).
Add the shredded cheese to it.
Now gently mix all the ingredients.
For those who want to make pesto sauce at home:
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 0.16 pounds (75-80 g) of parmesan cheese
- 0.10 pounds (50 g) of pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Mix a bunch of washed basil leaves, separated, and olive oil in a food processor until it reaches a puree consistency.
- Add the nuts and garlic and mix again.
- Finally, after adding the cheese, mix for a few more seconds. Transfer it to a clean jar and pour olive oil over it. That’s all!
Tip for Pesto Sauce Recipe
Nothing can replace the pesto sauce you prepare by crushing it in a bowl instead of a food processor.
You should try this recipe. This pasta, which will become a favorite even for those who do not like pesto, has 590 calories per serving.
This means that you can easily consume it early in the day. Those who are not on a diet can mix olive oil with butter.
Those who do not like tomatoes can cut them from the recipe. Those who want to see more vegetables can add boiled spinach or beans to this recipe.
You can cut out any spices from the recipe or add more spices to the chicken. While you are cooking your chicken, you can also fry the fresh peppers with the chicken.
You can change the style of cutting the chickens and chop them into cubes instead of a long style.
You can even completely deactivate the fat if you want, so you can use your chicken boiled, this also reduces the calories of your dish.
Now you have a new recipe that you can tweak and adjust in the right proportion to your taste and imagination.