Yummy and Low Calorie Pescatarian Meals
The pescatarian diet, which is very easy to implement and understand, is very close to a healthy, vegetarian diet and is followed by thousands of people. This diet, which we have discussed in detail in previous articles, is a vegetarian diet with fish added. The diet is great for those who are health conscious or want to lose weight.
But in order to achieve this, it is necessary to make sure that the ingredients used in cooking pescatarian meals are carefully combined and the correct measurements are used.
Low Calorie Pescatarian Meals Recipes
1. Stuffed Artichoke with Avocado
You won’t believe the taste of this recipe, which contains 240 calories per serving. Besides being delicious and low in calories, it is also responsible for cleansing your liver.
Artichoke (2 nos)
Ripe avocado (1 medium size)
Onion (1 medium)
Lemon (1 medium)
Garlic (1 clove)
Sugar (1 cube)
Curd cheese (1 tablespoon)
Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- Start by arranging the cleaned artichokes in a saucepan. Then get a bowl and put salt, sugar, olive oil, lemon juice and a little water in it. Mix a little and pour over the artichokes. Start cooking on low heat. Cook the artichokes but be sure that they do not fall apart. While they are cooking, you can start preparing the filling.
- Peel the onion and chop coarsely. Bring a pan, preheat the pan to distribute the oil evenly and then add 2 tbsp olive oil. Fry the onions in this oil.
- The roasting stage of the onions is a good opportunity to check the artichokes. Check them and drizzle the juice over the artichoke with a spoon.
- When the artichokes are almost ready to cook, distribute the fried onions evenly over the artichokes (insert them inside). Cook in this way for another 2 minutes and turn off the stove.
- To move on to the next step, cut the avocado in half and remove it’s core. Take the inside out with the help of a spoon, put it in a bowl and puree it with a fork. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into it. Grate or crash 1 clove of garlic, add salt to your taste and mix them together.
- Peel the zucchini and carrot. Use a peeler for chopping and make thin strips, then mix them with the avocado.
- Now you will make the final touches. For this, add avocado mixture on top of your artichokes, then sprinkle cheese curds, Let them rest for 2-3 hours and they are ready to serve.
2. Asparagus Cauliflower Pizza
This healthy pizza for 2 contains 350 calories per serving.
While this asparagus cauliflower pizza offers a crunchy pizza base for anyone who adopts a pescatarian, vegetarian and gluten-free diet, it also offers a very healthy meal with the toppings.
Parmesan cheese (Grated, 1/4 cup)
Cauliflower (1 small)
Garlic powder (1 teaspoon)
Egg (1 nos)
White pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
Zucchini (half a small-size)
Pizza sauce (0.2 cups)
Basil sauce (2 tablespoons)
Asparagus (9 spears)
Fresh basil leaves
- Put the cauliflower in the food processor and run the processor until they are the size of a grain of rice. Put the shredded cauliflower in a bowl. Cover the bowl with cling film. Microwave for 4-5 minutes. Put the softened cauliflower on a towel to absorb the water. Then wait for it to cool. This cooling step is extremely important.
- Start preheating the oven to 200 degrees to proceed to the next step. While the oven is heating up, take the cooled cauliflower into a clean bowl and add parmesan, white pepper, egg, garlic powder and salt and mix well.
- Get a baking tray and line it with parchment paper. Give the cauliflower mixture the shape of pizza dough and place it on the paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes. The mixture should take on a golden brown color.
- While the mixture is baking, thinly slice the zucchini and cut off the stems of the asparagus. Boil both separately in boiling water for two minutes each. Take it out and immediately put it in ice water. We do this to preserve their color.
- Keep the vegetables in cold water for 2 minutes. Then drain them and lay them out on paper towels to dry well.
- Take the golden brown pizza base out of the oven, pour the pizza sauce on the center and spread it all over the base from this center. Then arrange the vegetables on top in the way you want them.
- Now put it back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, take it out of the oven, sprinkle the fresh basil leaves and basil sauce on the pizza.
- You can sprinkle some more parmesan on top if you wish.
3. Fine Bulgur Wheat Patties
We saved the most delicious one for last. It’s a classic. We can say that it is a star in Turkish cuisine. It also contains only 200 calories. Now please check if you are missing anything from the ingredients list below. Then get the missing ones if any and let’s meet in the kitchen.
Potato (1 medium)
Fine bulgur wheat (1 cup)
Water (3 cups)
Parsley (1 handful)
Onion (2 medium, finely chopped)
Spicy pepper paste (1.5 full tablespoons)
Tomato paste (1.5 full tablespoons)
Cumin (5 teaspoons)
Dried basil (3 tsp)
Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- First, peel the potatoes. Chop into small cubes and boil until soft. While they are being boiled, pour 3 cups of boiled water over the bulgur and leave it for half an hour. Then put the softened and boiled potatoes in an extra deep bowl and crush them.
- Pour the swollen bulgur, which has absorbed the hot water you poured on it, over the potato. Add pepper paste, tomato paste, basil, cumin and salt and knead like a dough for about 10 minutes.
- Take out a small pan and fry 1 long finely chopped onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add it to the potato-bulgur mixture. Finely chop the parsley. Add it to the mixture and knead one last time.
- Take off bigger-than-walnut-sized pieces from the dough and form a long, medium-thick shape with your hands.
- Continue until the dough is finished and arrange the patties you have shaped in a round shape on the plate, leaving the middle of the plate empty. We’re going to make a sauce for that part.
- Now, fry the other onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the same way. Add paprika, black pepper and salt to it. Fry for a while. Pour it in the middle of the patties last and consume them by dipping them in this mixture.