Not only vegetarians but all members of the home will love this cauliflower meatballs recipe. Read on to find out why this recipe is so popular.
Super-Cheesy Cauliflower Meatballs
It is a problem in almost every family that some adult picky eaters and especially children voluntarily eat vegetables. But if you find the trick, you can make the not-very-popular vegetables indispensable for everyone.
In this recipe, breadcrumbs and cheese do the trick. Try this and you’ll thank us later.
What are Vegetarian Cauliflower Meatballs?
The cauliflower meatball recipe has fresh greens, boiled and squeezed cauliflower, eggs, a small amount of flour, grated cheddar cheese, and lots of spices… Although deep-frying them in egg and breadcrumbs is an option, baking these meatballs in the oven is an option.
You can change the vegetables and spices in it, or you can improve the taste even more by using more kinds of cheese. These meatballs are fully ready to keep up with all the products of your imagination. But below we have given the best version in our opinion.
Follow the step-by-step guide to learn the recipe.
Vegetarian Cauliflower Meatballs Recipe (4 Servings)
Net Carb: 31g
Total Fat: 34g
Cauliflower (Medium, 1/2 head)
All-purpose flour (1/2 cup)
White cheddar cheese (1/2 cup, grated)
Garlic (1 clove)
Scallion (3 branches)
Dill (1/4 bunch)
Salt and pepper
Sunflower oil (1/2 cup)
Breadcrumbs (1/2 cup)
Recipe – 30min prep / 30min cooking time
Remove the thick stems and leaves of the cauliflower.
Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
Then boil them for 10 minutes.
Wash the spring onions and dill well, then chop finely.
Grate the garlic.
Drain the boiled cauliflower.
Take a large bowl and mash with a fork.
Tip: Instead of mashing the boiled cauliflowers with a fork, puree them with a blender if you wish.
Add eggs, flour, grated cheddar cheese, garlic, chopped greens, and spices to the smashed cauliflower and start kneading.
Cover the meatballs with cling film and let them rest in the refrigerator for half an hour.
At the end of this time, lightly oil your hands and break off walnut-sized pieces from the meatballs.
Prepare flat meatballs by rolling them in your palms.
Beat the other egg in a deep bowl.
Take the breadcrumbs on a flat serving plate.
Heat the sunflower oil in a wide-bottomed pan.
Dip the meatballs you prepared first in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
Cook both sides in heated well oil.
Let rest on paper towels to release excess oil.
You can consume it warm with the yogurt sauce you add with the spices you want.
Important Tips and Recommendations
- If you are worried about the cauliflower emitting a bad odor while being boiled, you can add a small amount of flour or a slice of stale bread to the boiling water.
- Squeeze the boiled cauliflowers thoroughly so that the meatballs are not watery, if necessary, strain them by pressing them with a fine mesh strainer.
- You can just dip the meatballs in breadcrumbs without dipping the egg and deep fry them.
- If you do not want to fry the cauliflower patties, you can arrange them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake them in the oven with a little olive oil.
- You can use boiled rice instead of flour.
- For non-vegetarian recipes, you can mix the mortar with 100g of ground beef. But for this, pre-cook the ground beef with a little oil. Then add it in.
- Because cauliflower is boiled in water, it can absorb a lot of water, so the amount of flour you add may vary.
- You can add the same amount of leek instead of scallion to increase its nutritional value.
- You can mix and use grated white cheddar cheese with some parmesan.
160 Cal Tomato Gazpacho Soup | Low Fat and Vegetarian
Mediterranean Grilled Peach Salad Recipe