This Keto hot chocolate recipe includes all the elements you want in your Keto diet. It is tasty, flavorful, and doesn’t bring any unhealthy calories to your gut. Still, you only need to be disciplined and determined regarding the quality and quantity of the ingredients used during its preparation.
There can be many names to this recipe- you can call this a Keto Hot Cocoa or Keto sugar-free hot chocolate. No matter what name you prefer, you must keep up with the Keto diet guidelines and instructions.
What is a Keto Hot Chocolate?
The Recipe is quite similar to the traditional hot chocolate recipe, with the list of ingredients as the only difference. So, you will be getting the same thick and ultra-rich Hot chocolate, with a healthy twist.
Hence, you can call this recipe the Keto died version of your favorite Hot chocolate recipe. Additionally, your aim during its preparation must be to keep up the taste factor, without compromising the health.
Is it recommended to drink Keto Hot chocolate during the keto diet?
Until and unless you are taking care of the portions, serving sizes, and the ingredients’ quality, it is absolutely safe to go ahead with this specific Keto hot chocolate recipe. We all know that most of the Hot chocolates are made up of milk, sugar, and cocoa.
So, to custom fit it in your Keto diet, you have to change and replace the ingredients with their healthier alternatives. And yes, while you do that, you have to ensure that the recipe carries the same texture, taste, and flavor.
Talking of this one, you can use sugar-free chocolate, almond milk, and any carb-free sweetener like Allulose or Erythritol. So, you need not think much while enjoying it during breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack time.
Ingredients required for the preparation of Keto Hot chocolate
- Sugar-free dark chocolate (5-6 oz)
- Unsweetened almond milk or skimmed milk ( ½ cup)
- Whipped cream ( ½ cup)
- Any carb-free sweetener of your choice (1 tablespoon)
- Vanilla extract (1/2 tablespoon )
Tools and utensils required during preparation
You may require a small non-stick saucepan to prepare the Keto hot chocolate. As the recipe is sugar-free, carb-free, and gluten-free, there isn’t a perfect tool other than a saucepan to prepare it.
Whisk is another tool that will help you to perfectly mix the molten chocolate with the milk and sugar-free sweetener. You can use a spoon or other stuff for the same purpose. Still, only a whisk can provide you the desired texture and thickness.
Steps for preparing Keto hot chocolate
Heat the saucepan on medium flame and pour in the milk, whipped cream, and sugar-free sweetener into it. Let the mixture heat up for around 5 minutes and then take it off the flame.
Pour the vanilla extract and dark chocolate into the saucepan and whisk it until you get the desired consistency and thickness. Ensure that the chocolate has been completely melted in the mix, or you may see certain chocolate lumps afterward.
Hot chocolate is ready to be served. You can top it up with dark choco chips or flakes to bring some extra crunch and twist to the Keto hot chocolate.
General guidelines for preparing Keto hot chocolate
- You can add sugar-free Nutella or peanut butter as well into the mix in case you don’t like chocolate
- Use coconut milk in case you don’t like the texture and flavor of almond milk
- Heat the mix for some more time if you want while keeping track of the thickness and consistency
- Don’t add any processed or packaged ingredients of condiments into the mix. This will deny the purpose of bringing a healthier version of Hot chocolate
- You can store the Keto hot chocolate for further consumption while storing it in airtight containers or jars
- Top the Keto hot chocolate with some dark choco chips or flakes if you want to bring an extra twist to its texture and flavor.
Bottom-line for Keto Hot chocolate
This Recipe is quite apt for all those people who won’t mind a hint of taste and flavor to their Keto diet routine. Still, consulting with your doctor or physician regarding any allergies or health complications before starting ahead with any diet or recipe is highly recommended.