Keto Hot Chocolate Recipe – Overview
This Keto hot chocolate recipe includes all the elements you want in your Keto diet. It is tasty, flavorful, and doesn’t bring any unhealthy calories to your gut.
Still, you only need to be disciplined and determined regarding the quality and quantity of the ingredients used during its preparation.
This recipe has many names- you can call this a Keto Hot Cocoa or Keto sugar-free hot chocolate.
No matter what name you prefer, you must keep up with the Keto diet guidelines and instructions.
What is a Keto Hot Chocolate?
The Recipe is quite similar to the traditional hot chocolate recipe, with the list of ingredients as the only difference.
So, you will get the same thick and ultra-rich Hot chocolate with a healthy twist.
Hence, you can call this recipe the Keto diet version of your favorite Hot chocolate recipe.
Additionally, your aim during its preparation must be to keep up the taste factor without compromising health.
Is it recommended to drink Keto Hot chocolate during the keto diet?
Until and unless you are taking care of the portions, serving sizes, and the ingredients’ quality, it is safe to go ahead with this specific hot chocolate recipe.
We all know that most Hot chocolates are made up of milk, sugar, and cocoa.
So, to custom fit it into your Keto diet, you have to change and replace the ingredients with healthier alternatives.
And yes, while you do that, you must ensure the recipe has the same texture, taste, and flavor.
Talking of this one, you can use sugar-free chocolate, almond milk, and any carb-free sweetener like Allulose or Erythritol.
So, you need not think much while enjoying it during breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack time.
Tools and utensils required during preparation
You may require a small, non-stick saucepan to prepare the hot chocolate. As the recipe is sugar-free, carb-free, and gluten-free, there isn’t a perfect tool other than a saucepan to prepare it.
Whisk is another tool that will help you to perfectly mix the molten chocolate with the milk and sugar-free sweetener.
You can use a spoon or other stuff for the same purpose. Still, only a whisk can provide you with the desired texture and thickness.
General guidelines for preparing Keto hot chocolate
- You can add sugar-free Nutella or peanut butter as well into the mix in case you don’t like chocolate
- Use coconut milk in case you don’t like the texture and flavor of almond milk
- Heat the mixture for some more time if you want while keeping track of the thickness and consistency
- Don’t add any processed or packaged ingredients or condiments into the mix. This will deny the purpose of bringing a healthier version of Hot chocolate
- You can store the Keto hot chocolate for further consumption while storing it in airtight containers or jars
- Top the Keto hot chocolate with some dark chocolate chips or flakes if you want to bring an extra twist to its texture and flavor.