Do you know how well 21-day sugar detox diets work? Maybe you do, and you want to try one, but don’t feel in control of the recipes? Then you are in the right place. Because we will give you 4 different step-by-step recipes that are compatible with the sugar detox diet.
All About 21 Day Sugar Detox Recipes
Taking advantage of this, the 21 day sugar detox, allows us to lose weight quickly. So does this diet do just that alone? No. This diet has many other benefits for our health.
For example, sugar alone significantly increases the risk of heart disease. When you remove sugar from your life, you automatically reduce this risk.
You will also see a real improvement in your skin when you remove sugar from your life. In addition, your immune system is strengthened, your risk of diabetes is reduced and your intestines work better.
Let’s get right into the recipes you can make to start your sugar detox journey.
4 Step by Step 21 Day Sugar Detox Recipes
1. Chicken With Boiled Bulgur (For lunch or dinner)
1 cup of coarse bulgur wheat
Half a tablespoon of tomato paste (optional)
Half tablespoon of pepper paste (optional)
1 cup boiled and shredded chicken breast
Half a cup of boiled chickpeas
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Half tablespoon of butter
1.5 cups of boiled water (or chicken stock or broth)
Dried mint, cayenne pepper and salt to taste
- Put the bulgur in a wire strainer. Wash well with lukewarm water. Continue washing until the water flowing from the bulgur becomes clear. Let the water drain
- Get a large but not deep pot and start preheating it. Put the olive oil in the pot you have set on medium heat after it warms up a little. Add the olive oil first and then add the butter. Mix the two and wait until it gets hot.
- Add the bulgur, which has been sufficiently drained, to the sufficiently heated oils and start roasting. After frying for 3-5 minutes, add the tomato and pepper paste and continue frying. Meanwhile, add the salt. Then pour the boiled water over it and increase the heat. Close the lid of the pot.
- When the meal starts to boil, put it on the smallest burner on the stove. Set the flame to the lowest setting and continue to boil in this way until the bulgur is fully cooked and the water runs out. Do not open the lid of the pot at this stage.
- Put the boiled and shredded chicken on the bulgur that has absorbed its water. Add boiled chickpeas. Mix gently. Then level the mixed food with the back of a large spoon. Sprinkle dried mint on top. Put a towel or towel napkin between the pot and the lid and close the lid tightly. Turn off the stove and wait for the food to infuse for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with cherry tomatoes and a bowl of Greek yogurt on the side.
2. Fruity Oatmeal Mix (for breakfast)
3 tablespoons of oatmeal
3 figs (Medium-size)
2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
5 medium strawberries
1 teaspoon of nut butter
1 teaspoon 100% pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon raw honey
Half a cup of skim milk
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Put the chia seeds in water and wait for them to become gel-like. Meanwhile, put the oatmeal and milk in a bowl and chop the fruit to continue preparation.
- Divide the figs into 4 equal parts. Chop the strawberries. Then add the chia seeds, honey and maple syrup to the oatmeal mixture and mix gently.
- That’s all for the mixing process, now we’re going to continue by laying the rest of the ingredients on the mixture.
- Put the chopped figs on one side of the bowl and the chopped strawberries on the other side. Put nut butter in the middle. Add pomegranate seeds on it and crush 3-4 raw almonds and sprinkle them as well.
3. Avocado and Blueberry Smoothie (Can be consumed at every meal)
1 unripe banana
half an avocado
1 cup of blueberries (frozen or fresh)
Half a cup of water
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon almond butter (unsweetened)
A few ice cubes
- Use a blender or smoothie maker to create the perfect smoothie. To start, add all the ingredients to the machine and blend it up.
- If the consistency is too thick for you, you can increase the water ratio. Then enjoy this delicious purple smoothie.
4. Turkish Sini Kebab (For lunch)
2 lb eggplant
1 tablespoon of olive oil
For the meatballs:
1,100 pounds of ground beef
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
Half tablespoon of chili paste
Isot if possible (or 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper)
1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Start by grating the onion to bring out this amazing flavor. Add minced meat, tomato paste, salt, isot and black pepper to the grated onion and knead together.
- Slice the eggplants into sections. 3 finger thickness is ideal. Now we’re going to start laying it on the tray. For this, make flat meatballs from the meat you kneaded. Arrange eggplant and a meatball, respectively, in a circle. Put the tomatoes you cut in the middle of the circle. (You can cut into rings or large slices).
- Dip your hand in the oil and rub it over the eggplants. (This prevents the tops from drying out)
- Bake at 220 or 250 degrees until the eggplants release their water and then absorb it again. Cook for about 1 hour. We recommend controlled baking as this time may vary according to each oven. The dish will be ready when the eggplants are baked.