Learn About This Miracle Vegan Mexican Burrito Recipe
Who says that a vegan diet has to get boring after a while? If you’ve ever heard of such a thing, just laugh it off. But wait! We have a better idea. Invite them to dinner and cook them a meal using this recipe. With just a few easy ingredients, you can make excellent vegan burritos that taste good and are good for you.
A burrito without meat or chicken? Yes, you heard right. Let’s talk about the ingredients needed to make this recipe.
Ingredients for Vegan Mexican Burrito Recipe
1 large red onion (diced)
2 large tomatoes (diced)
1 red bell pepper (diced)
1 bunch of parsley
1 cup of baby corn
Half a cup of red beans
2-3 leaves of lettuce
1 tablespoon of mustard
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
2 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of walnuts (chopped)
1 cup of black lentils
2 teaspoons chipotle sauce
4 tablespoons of brown rice (cooked)
Chili pepper / Chipotle pepper
1/2 jalapeno pepper
Vegan Mexican Burrito Recipe
If all your ingredients are ready, let’s start making this delicious dish together step by step.
- First we will make a salad with beans and baby corn. This salad will cover the bottom of our bowl. Finely dice more than half the onion, 1 red bell pepper and 1 tomato. Chop the parsley. Cut 1 lime in half. Add baby corn and put it all in a deep bowl. Add the beans to it. Squeeze the lime. Add salt and mix gently. Put it aside.
- Slice the lettuce lengthwise as you would for a salad. Get a small jar with a lid. Put 1 tablespoon of mustard in it. Then add some maple syrup and add the juice of half a lime, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and cumin. Now close the lid of the jar and shake it. It will look like a cream. Add this to your lettuce salad and gently mix the salad.
- Put this lettuce salad on the bean and baby corn salad.
- Now we will cook the black lentils. Get a pan and start preheating. Add some olive oil and start sautéing the 2 cloves of garlic you crushed. Take care not to sauté for long periods of time so that the garlic does not burn. When the garlic’s color changes a little, add chopped walnuts and fry it. You can continue to fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, then add the chopped tomatoes and chili pepper. Add oregano and cumin and sauté some more. Add chipotle sauce and salt and mix gently. To continue cooking, turn down the heat after boiling and let it simmer. Turn off the heat and put the lentil mixture with the others on the other side of the deep bowl.
- To start making guacamole, chop the remaining red onion, chop the parsley, and the jalapeno pepper. Cut an avocado in half. Remove the core and make cube-shaped cuts. If you have chosen a ripe and nice avocado, you can easily remove it from the skin with the help of a tablespoon. Put all the ingredients in a new bowl. Add the juice of 1 lime on it. After adding salt, grind it well and mix it into a puree.
- Make small balls from the guacamole puree. Decorate the bowl with these balls. Put boiled brown rice on one side. Add tortilla chips to another side. That’s all. Bon appetite!
To sum up, even if it’s not in a wrap, you have a delicious open burrito. Plus it’s completely vegan! Totally tempting and tasty. If you want to make this recipe, you can prepare it for someone vegan. If you want, you can cook it to show someone that you can eat delicious food while vegan. Better yet, you can pamper yourself.