Peanut Butter Smoothie Keto – Overview
The peanut butter smoothie keto is quite apt for people who love to drink their calories during a busy day.
Besides being extremely delicious, this smoothie is highly filling and nutritious at the same time.
Now, you may wonder about ‘ how this smoothie is different from the ones available in the nearby smoothie parlor’ or ‘ how it is going to contribute to your daily nutritional goals during the keto diet.
Well, it would be best to read this blog until the end to find the most appropriate answers to these questions.
What is a peanut butter smoothie keto?
It’s a highly scrumptious and filing smoothie with peanut butter’s wholesome flavors and goes low in carbs.
So, if you love the taste, texture, and flavor of peanut butter in your morning meal or evening snack, this smoothie is just the right recipe for you.
Can Peanut butter be considered a keto-friendly food?
Yes, you can certainly consider peanut butter as a keto-friendly food. Still, it must not be purchased from the market and instead prepared at your home with all the right ingredients.
So, ideally, you must prepare it yourself while using the best quality peanuts with no added sugar, oil, or any other preservatives.
The point here is to avoid consuming all those vegetable oils and added sugars in the packaged peanut butter available in the market.
Is it possible to add whey protein to this peanut butter smoothie keto?
Yes, you can surely add the whey protein powder to this peanut butter smoothie keto recipe. Still, to make the right blend of flavors and taste, add one banana and some honey to the mix.
Also, try to opt for chocolate-flavored whey protein as its taste goes right with peanut butter flavor.
Ingredients to use for peanut butter smoothie keto
- 2 tbsp. of Peanut butter – make sure if use homemade peanut butter with no added sugar or vegetable oil
- A teaspoon of any sugar-free sweetener
- 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of Whipped cream of any other unsweetened version of coconut cream
- 1 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Ice cubes – you can increase or decrease the number of ice cubes as per your preference. Using more ice cubes will result in a frothier and icier smoothie
Steps for preparing peanut butter smoothie keto
Put all the ingredients of the peanut butter smoothie keto into a blending jar. Ensure that you add the milk and cream as the last ingredient to avoid the formation of lumps.
Blend the whole mix until you get the required thickness and consistency. You can now increase the number of ice cubes in the mix to make the smoothie frothier and creamier.
Blend the whole mix once again for the next 1–2 minutes and check whether it’s getting the froth and icy texture you are looking for. Once done, serve it in a glass while topping it up with some dark chocolate flakes or any topping of your choice.
In case you can’t have all the peanut butter smoothie keto in one go, you can store the leftover mix in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge.
Also, add some more ice to increase the smoothie’s froth and creamy texture for later consumption.
Handy tips to follow during the preparation of peanut butter smoothie keto
- In case you don’t like adding almond milk to the mix, you can replace it with coconut milk
- Add honey into the mix if you don’t prefer bringing any artificial sweetener to the mix
- Decrease or increase the number of ice cubes in the blend as per the required consistency or texture
- Pulse the mix at high speed after adding the ice cubes to get the required froth and creaminess
- Just in case you want to add whey protein powder into the mix, opt for the chocolate flavor for the best texture and taste
Bottom-line for peanut butter smoothie keto
This peanut butter smoothie keto can prove to be a handy snack during the start or any other time of the day.
Still, you got to keep an eye on the serving size and portions while consuming it. You can further change or replace the ingredient while checking the list of keto-friendly food items.