We have prepared the top 3 high-protein pescatarian meals recipes for you. You will no longer have to think, “Am I missing out on protein in my pescatarian diet?” You can take a healthy step for yourself by following this article.
Here Are the Top 3 High Protein Pescatarian Meals
Fish is one of the only foods you can get protein from on the pescatarian diet, which can cause people to feel bored eating it every day. But are you sure that the only food you can get protein from is fish?
The fact is that there are other great sources of protein for followers of a pescatarian diet.
High Protein Pescatarian Meals
1. Green Lentil with Eggplant
Maybe you’ve made or eaten a dish like this before. But we claim this is unlike anything you’ve eaten before. This recipe is a few steps ahead of similar recipes with a difference in taste. This very low in calorie, high in protein recipe contains 9 grams of protein per serving.
Green lentils (1 cup)
Tomatoes (2 medium)
Onion (1 medium)
Eggplant (1 medium)
Garlic (2 large cloves)
Tomato paste (1.5 tablespoons)
Pepper paste (1 tablespoon)
Olive oil (4 tablespoons)
Salt, pepper and paprika
- First, peel the eggplant in a striped fashion, leaving some of the skin on it. Chop it into small cubes and leave it like this for 20 minutes in the cold saltwater you have prepared.
- Then wash the lentils and put them in a small saucepan. Fill the pot with water and boil the lentils for about 10 minutes. Then drain the water and put the lentils aside.
- Now dice the onions. Pour olive oil into a preheated pot, start frying the onions when the oil becomes hot. Adjust the salt of the food at this stage. Thus, the onions roasted with salt will add a better flavor to the dish.
- Put the crushed garlic on the onions and fry for 2 more minutes, then add the tomato and pepper paste and continue frying.
- Add the spices and add the eggplant that you have washed well to drain the water and get rid of the salt. Fry for 10 minutes. Then add the lentils and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the peeled and diced tomatoes. Then add 3 cups of water. Close the lid of the pot and increase the heat. When the water boils, reduce the heat and cook in this way until the eggplants and lentils are tender.
2. Chickpea Quinoa Salad
This salad will keep you full until the evening. It contains 14 grams of protein per serving.
Quinoa (1 cup)
Water (2 cups)
Boiled chickpeas (1.5 cups)
Olive oil (3 tbsp)
Red bell pepper (1)
Lemon juice (1 lemon)
Parsley (1/4 cup)
Other greens you like (Optional)
Black cumin (Half a tsp)
Paprika (1 tsp)
Turmeric (Less than 1 pinch)
Thyme (Half a tsp)
Salt and pepper
- Put the quinoa on the stove with the water and cook until the quinoa is tender and swollen. Then preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Meanwhile, put the pepper, lemon juice, salt, 1 tbsp olive oil, black pepper and paprika in the food processor and blend for a while.
- Mix the chickpeas with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt, paprika, turmeric and thyme. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Peel avocado and slice it in half. Get a bowl or salad plate. Put all the ingredients inside. Pour the sauce you prepared in the food processor on it. Sprinkle black cumin on top.
3. Fish Cakes
This delicious recipe contains 30 grams of protein.
Haddock fillet or Seabass (1.10 lbs / 500 grams)
Scallion (6 branches)
Shallot (4 nos)
Parsley (1/2 bunch)
Dill (1/4 bunch)
Egg yolk (1 egg)
Breadcrumbs (1.5 tbsp)
Lemon peel (Grated, of 1 lemon)
Curry (1/2 tsp)
1 cup of oil to fry
- Clean the skin and bones of the fillet haddock. Wash and dry thoroughly. Then chop it into extra small pieces.
- Finely chop the dill and parsley. Cut the scallions into rings. Soak the shallots in hot water for 5 minutes so that you can peel them more easily. After peeling, chop the shallots into extra small cubes.
- Take the extra-small haddock pieces into a deep mixing bowl. Add the chopped shallots and scallion, breadcrumbs, greens, egg yolk, curry, salt and pepper, grated lemon peels.
- Mix all the ingredients well and knead like a dough. Take walnut-sized pieces from the mixture you prepared and roll them in your hand, then press them to give the shape of meatballs.
- Now take out a deep frying pan. Preheat the pan. Then pour the oil into it. Put these meatballs into the heated oil and fry both sides until golden brown. Place the fried fish meatballs on a paper towel-lined plate. Let them rest for a while until it absorbs the oil and serves them lukewarm.