Best detox bath recipe
Everyone loves a bath. Baths are excellent to relax and unwind after a long day. They are amazing to restore your energy levels and help relieve the stress which builds up in your body from a routine day at work.
When you add certain ingredients to a simple bath, it can quickly transform into an incredibly relaxing and rejuvenating experience. Baths have also become the go-to for detox.
If you are searching for the best way to relax and cleanse your skin and body, then we highly recommend checking out our list of the best detox bath recipes.
However, before we tell you more about our recipes for detox we think you should know more about the benefits of bath detox.
Benefits of bath detox
Epsom salt is the common ingredient found in many bath detox recipes. It is rich in magnesium and has been used for hundreds of years to cleanse the body of skin rashes and even for treating injuries.
Besides helping the body to relax, when you soak in a mix containing magnesium and other minerals, you can even find the remedy to treat various common ailments too. Detox baths remove harmful toxins from the body and replace them with beneficial minerals which are incredibly good for your skin. In addition to relaxing your body, detox baths are also effective treatments for:
- Healthy, smooth skin
- Improved blood circulation
- Relieving sore muscles
Best homemade detox bath recipes
Now that you know the benefits of cleansing baths, let’s check out our list of the best detox bath recipe below:
1 – Mustard Bath Detox
This is our most favorite bath detox recipe. It is an incredible way to spice up your self-care routine. This mix offers the cleansing effects of Epsom salt and baking soda and the stimulating effects of mustard powder.
This recipe is useful for powerful cleansing. Traditionally, this detox bath recipe has been used to treat symptoms of flu, cold and relieve sore muscles.
- 1 ½ cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup mustard powder
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil (optional)
- 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil (optional)
- Take a large bowl and mix the Epsom salt, baking soda, mustard powder, and essential oils using a whisk.
- Next, add 1 cup of the mustard mixture to a hot bath.
- Let your body soak in the bath for 20 to 30 minutes
If you find this bath recipe effective, then you can improve it even more by adding bits of oats and cocoa.
2 – Salt Bath Detox
There are incredibly inexpensive ways to cleanse your body. A salt bath detox is one such solution for excellent self-care. A bit of Epsom salt and a bathtub filled with warm water can work wonders for detoxifying your body and feeling invigorated.
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- Fill the bathtub with warm water
- Add 1 cup Epsom salt
- Mix 1 tablespoon coconut oil (if you want)
- Lie in the bath for 10 to 60 minutes for a full-body cleanse
If you think that a salt bath is good for you then you can improve its properties even more. Simply add a little baking soda, lavender oil and sea salt for enhanced calming and recharging effects.
3 – Ginger Bath Detox
The ginger bath detox is considered one of the best ways to rejuvenate and relax, especially after a long, tiring day. This bath will leave you feeling incredibly fresh.
This detox bath recipe has been primarily used to reduce symptoms of flu and cold as well as help improve blood circulation and digestion.
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- ½ cup baking soda
- 4 tablespoons ground ginger
- Tea tree or lavender essential oil
- Fill the bathtub with hot water
- Mix the ingredients in the bowl
- Sprinkle ingredients into the hot bathwater
- Soak your body till the neck for around 20 to 40 minutes
Let us know how you felt after trying this amazing homemade detox bath recipe.
4 – Clay Detox Bath
Bentonite clay is a commonly used ingredient for making face masks to purify the skin. You can now multiply the skin cleansing benefits of this detox bath and get rid of skin problems from all over your body.
Some of the major benefits of using bentonite in detox baths include restoring pH balance, relieving sore muscles and improving blood circulation. This detox bath recipe is incredibly effective in repairing damaged skin and improving overall skin quality.
- 1 cup bentonite clay
- ½ cup unscented Epsom salt
- 10 drops of essential oils of your choice (such as eucalyptus or lavender)
- Take a large bowl, fill it with warm water and mix the cupful of bentonite clay in it
- Next, fill your bathtub with warm water and mix the Epsom salt
- Then, pour in the clay mix and essential oils, before swirling the mixture with your hands until it gets incorporated well.
- Soak yourself in the mix for 20 to 30 minutes for noticeable effects
5 – Green Tea Bath
Green tea has been traditionally used as a detoxifying beverage for hundreds of years. It contains essential antioxidants and has incredibly effective detoxification properties. So, why not add it to your bath and let your entire body feel invigorated and fresh for the day?
- 5 to 10 bags of green tea
- Jasmine flowers (optional)
- Epsom salt (optional)
- Fill the bathtub with hot water
- Add 5 to 10 green tea bags and mix jasmine flowers
- Soak in the mix for at least 40 minutes to enjoy the full effects.
This is our selection of the best detox bath recipes. When you try any of these, do remember to share your experiences with us so we can continue to help you discover new and amazing ways to successful self-care.
Damla Sengul, a seasoned Food Editor at Dietsmealplan.com, boasts a 5-year worth of expertise as a digital editor, with a specific focus on authentic recipe content. Her expertise extends to various crucial aspects of the cookery world, including in-depth research on renowned chefs worldwide and innovative recipe development. Additionally, Damla is an enthusiastic baker who dedicates part of her time crafting delightful celebration cakes for her friends.