Here’s a Delicious Turkish Mediterranean Soup Recipe
We are sure that this will be one of the best soups you have ever eaten. All of the ingredients in it will contribute a lot to your health. You’ll be amazed at how delicious it is, as well as allowing you to stay energized all day long and get the daily vitamins you need. It’s both healthy and delicious. That doesn’t seem possible, does it? Give this recipe a try and let us prove it to you.
We’re going to tire you out in the kitchen today. But when you see the result, you will realize how much it was worth it. Roll up your sleeves, and let’s get to work.
Ingredients for Turkish Mediterranean Soup
Half a cup of wheat
1/3 cup of green lentils
1/3 cup of bulgur
1 lb green beans
2 medium zucchini
2 medium eggplants
1 cup of boiled chickpeas
2 red peppers
6 cloves of garlic
Half a cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon of pomegranate syrup
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
1 tablespoon of pepper paste
2 teaspoons of dried mint
5 cups of water
Salt for taste
Turkish Mediterranean Soup Recipe
We told you it was a bit of a hassle. But we also mentioned that it would be worth it. So don’t worry. You can eat this dish for 2-3 days without getting tired. So are you ready to take a look at the recipe?
Follow the steps below for Turkish Mediterranean Soup Recipe
You need to prepare the wheat the night before you cook the meal.
1.Take half a cup of wheat into a deep bowl one night before cooking. Fill the bowl to the brim with water. Soak it in the water until the time you cook it. The reason why we keep the wheat in water overnight is to shorten the cooking time.
If you didn’t have time to do this or forgot to do it, you don’t have to worry. As a second option, put the wheat in a deep pot and boil it in plenty of water for 15 minutes, then turn off the stove, close the lid of the pot and leave it like this for 1 hour.
2. To start cooking, pour the water of the pre-processed wheat. Transfer it to a deep pot, put 3 cups of water in it and start cooking. Check the wheat with a fork. When they start to soften, add the green lentils that you have washed thoroughly.
3. Check the green lentils often, too. They should not be fully cooked, but should be close to it. At this stage we will add the green beans. To prepare the beans, dice them. (They must be the size of really small backgammon dice) After adding the green beans to the dish, mix them together. Continue cooking like this for 15 minutes.
4. Boil 2 cups of water in the kettle. Add the washed bulgur to the pot and immediately add 2 cups of boiled water. Now it’s time for vegetables. To get the vegetables ready, we’ll chop them into size of really small backgammon dice just like the green beans. Add the chopped eggplant, zucchini and red pepper to the pot, respectively.
5. Then add the tomato and pepper paste and mix gently until the tomato and pepper paste dissolves. Check the water at this stage. This is a soup, so if it is thicker than the soup water, add hot water.
6. Add salt according to your taste. Then add the boiled chickpeas and continue to boil for a while.
7. We will get a soup in which the vegetables are not too soft. For this reason, controlled cooking is very important. Now add some pomegranate syrup. Then squeeze the juice of 1 large or 2 small lemons and add it to it.
8. Mix it all together and cook for a short while longer.
9. Now it’s time to make the sauce for this excellent soup. Get a pan for it. Begin preheating the pan and add half a cup of olive oil to it. Wait for the oil to warm up. When it is well heated, add dried mint on it and after 5 seconds turn off the fire. Keep an eye on the peppermint as it burns fast in oil. Pour the dried mint oil into the soup and boil it all.
10. Now turn off the stove. Put some salt in another bowl, add the garlic to it. Crush the salt and garlic together. With the stove off, add this garlic mixture to the soup and mix.
Garlic will give the dish a wonderful taste. But in order to fully capture this distinctively excellent taste, the garlic must not be boiled. In this way, you will reach a sharper garlic taste while eating the food.
Here is an excellent recipe unique to Turkey’s Mediterranean cuisine. Follow the instructions to get the right taste. You will not regret it.