Paleo Mug Cake Recipe – Overview
Have you ever heard of a Paleo mug cake recipe that doesn’t put a dent in your weight loss goals?
Yes, that’s a sweet possibility to make you fall in love with this incredibly delicious yet healthy recipe.
It’s gluten-free and even dairy-free! And yes, it still tastes like that fluffy, moist and tasty mug cake we all used to die for in childhood.
So, let’s take a deep dive into your childhood memories with this ultimate Paleo mug cake recipe.
Now, before you jump into the whole recipe, you must understand the few basics of this recipe that need to be considered beforehand.
General guidelines for Paleo mug cake recipe
The paleo diet mainly talks about the diet of our ancestors from the Paleolithic era.
So, as there wasn’t any availability of grains in that era, we had to eliminate the use of grains during the preparation of this Paleo mug cake recipe.
Like the whole grains, our hunter-gatherer ancestors didn’t have access to dairy during the Paleolithic era. So, the usage of any dairy products is prohibited in this recipe.
No added preservatives
The goal here is to keep the basics of a Paleo diet in mind while bringing the taste onboard. Hence, you cannot add preservatives or artificial flavors to this recipe.
You would hardly take 5 minutes to prepare it, and that is another sweet reason to include this mug cake recipe in your Paleo diet schedule.
Now that we know the essential things to remember while preparing this Paleo mug cake recipe, let’s dig into the list of ingredients.
Handy tips for the preparation of a Paleo mug cake recipe
- Don’t opt for giant mugs or else the whole purpose of this Paleo mug cake recipe will go haywire. If you are preparing this for yourself, the size and shape of the dessert don’t matter. If you want to stay up there with its size and quality, you can use small coffee mugs (8 oz) for baking.
- You can blend the whole mix in any cup or bowl, but as we make this Paleo diet recipe, we recommend you use a measuring cup instead. This way, you can stay confident of the measure of your ingredients and, ultimately, the resulting calories.
- If you are watching this mug cake getting baked in the oven, please don’t get scared after seeing it pop up initially. This is the initial baking phase, and the mug cake will eventually come down to its original shape.
- The Paleo mug cake will be hot and moist as you remove it from the oven. Let it cool down for 2-3 minutes before digging in.
- You can experiment with the flavoring or topping according to your taste and preference.