Paleo Mug Cake Recipe – Overview
Ever heard of a Paleo mug cake recipe that doesn’t put a dent in your weight loss goals?
Yes, that’s a sweet possibility that will make you fall in love with this incredibly delicious, yet healthy recipe.
It’s sugar-free, gluten-free and even dairy-free! And yes, it still tastes like that fluffy, moist and tasty mug cake we all used to die for, in our childhood.
So, let’s take a deep dive into your childhood memories with this ultimate Paleo mug cake recipe.
Now, before you jump into the whole recipe, you must understand the few basics of this recipe that needs to be considered beforehand.
General guidelines for Paleo mug cake recipe
Paleo diet majorly talks about the diet of our ancestors from the Paleolithic era.
So, as there wasn’t any availability of grains in that era, we have to eliminate the usage of grains during the preparation of this Paleo mug cake recipe as well.
Right like the whole grains, our hunter-gatherer ancestors didn’t have access to dairy during the paleolithic era. So, usage of any dairy products is prohibited in this recipe.
No added preservatives
The goal here is to keep the basics of a Paleo diet in mind while bringing the taste onboard. Hence, you cannot add any preservatives or artificial flavors to this recipe.
You hardly would take 5 minutes for its preparation, and that is another sweet reason to include this mug cake recipe in your Paleo diet schedule.
Now that we know about the essential things to remember during the preparation of this Paleo mug cake recipe let’s dig into the list of the ingredients.
List of ingredients for preparing Paleo mug cake recipe ( 1 serving)
- 1/3 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Choco chips ( for toppings)
- Sliced walnuts ( for toppings)
- Organic powdered sugar
- Any fruit of your choice ( can include any berries)
Preparation method for Paleo mug cake recipe
Please take all the ingredients as per the given measurements into a cup and whisk them properly.
Once the batter is properly mixed, pour it into a small mug and place it in the microwave oven for around 1-2 minutes
Take the mug cake out from the oven and let it cool for around 2-3 minutes. Afterward, top it up with your favorite berry, whipped cream, organic powdered sugar or even the sliced walnuts.
Your Paleo mug cake recipe is ready. Have it in your breakfast, snack or whatever time you like during the day. It’s gluten-free, dairy and hence, guilt-free.
Handy tips for the preparation of Paleo mug cake recipe
- Don’t opt for giant mugs or else the whole purpose of this Paleo mug cake recipe would go haywire. In case you are preparing this for yourself, the size and shape of the dessert don’t matter. In case you want to stay right up there with its size and quality, you can go for small coffee mugs ( 8 oz) for baking purposes.
- You can blend the whole mix in any cup or bowl, but as we are making this recipe for the Paleo diet, we recommend you use a measuring cup instead. This way, you can stay confident of the measure of your ingredients and ultimately, the resulting calories.
- In case you are watching this mug cake getting baked in the oven, don’t get scared after seeing them pop up initially. This is the initial phase of baking, and the mug cake will come down to its original shape eventually.
- The Paleo mug cake will be hot and moist as you take it out from the oven, let it cool down for 2-3 minutes before digging in.
- You can experiment with the flavoring or topping according to your taste and preference. Still, do ensure keeping the rules and guidelines of the Paleo diet in mind.
The bottom line for the Paleo mug cake recipe
While being super delicious, healthy and easy to prepare, this Paleo mug cake recipe checks all the boxes of being a go-to dessert in your Paleo diet meal plan.
Try it and let us know about your experience in the comments down below.