How to budget weekly meal plans?
If you are looking to lose some quick weight without spending too much money, weekly meal plans on a budget can surely help you in the same regard.
Now, before you go any further, the first and foremost thing you need to do in the same reads is -prepare the grocery list for your weekly meals.
Doing that can help you to plan the weekly meal plans while managing the costs.
How to go about the weekly meal plans on a budget?
To keep up with your weekly meal plans on a budget, go by the following handy tips while planning your meals.
- Prepare a menu in advance regarding the food items that must be part of your weekly meal plans.
- While going for groceries, opt for the food items that are available at discounted or lower prices.
- Bring at least one meatless meal during the week to your platter, as that can help you manage your overall food spending.
- Thoroughly check the expiry date of the food items that are available in your fridge and manage them accordingly in your meals.
- Go for whole-grain options like wheat, barley, rice, and pasta that are cheaper than other food items and come loaded with many fibers and complex carbs.
- Avoid dishes and recipes that require particular kinds of ingredients that aren’t easily available or quite expensive.
- Always opt for seasonal fruits and vegetables that are cheaper and healthier at the same time.
- Make a proper plan to utilize the leftover food on a given day for the rest of the week.
- Prepare the meals in advance and store them in airtight containers. This would help you to avoid the same preparation task during busy weekdays.
Sample Weekly Meal Plans on a Budget
Breakfast- 1 serving of Omelet with sundried tomatoes and bacon
Lunch- 2 servings of pasta with chopped onions, tomatoes, herbs, and feta cheese
Dinner- 2 servings of roasted chicken with sweet potato, roasted veggies, and rice
Breakfast- 1 serving of whole wheat toast with pan-fried courgette and sundried tomatoes
Lunch- 2 servings of roasted chicken with sweet potato, roasted veggies, and rice
Dinner- 2 servings of cracking couscous with fresh vegetables, sundried tomatoes and bacon
Breakfast- 2 servings of fried eggs with crispy bacon on the toast
Lunch- 2 servings of cracking couscous with fresh vegetables, sundried tomatoes, and bacon
Dinner- 1 serving of Carrot and sweet potato soup with whole wheat toast and feta cheese
Breakfast- 2 servings of simple tomato bruschetta cooked in olive oil and herbs
Lunch- 2 servings of egg frittata with bacon and courgette
Dinner- 2 servings of chick and chorizo with lemon butter broccoli and butter beans
Breakfast- 1 banana with a slice of toast and a cup of tea/coffee with less sugar
Lunch- 2 servings of chick and chorizo with lemon butter broccoli and butter beans
Dinner- 1 serving of Lentil and bacon hotpot with rice and carrots
Breakfast- 2 servings of egg frittata with bacon and courgette
Lunch- 1 serving of Lentil and bacon hotpot with rice and carrots
Dinner- 2 servings of spaghetti with crème Fraiche, chorizo and spinach
Breakfast- 1 serving of egg toast with crème Fraiche, chorizo and spinach
Lunch- 2 servings of pan-fried spaghetti cakes, carrot and courgette ribbon salad
Dinner- 2 servings of Chicken stock rice with roasted or grilled vegetables
Summing it up
While looking at the abovementioned meal options, you must have noticed that the meals prepared for dinner have been used for lunch the next day.
Well, this is what you need to do while planning your weekly meal plans on a budget.
Besides avoiding the unwanted wastage of food, these weekly meal plans on a budget can also help you save some good money.
Damla Sengul, a seasoned Food Editor at Dietsmealplan.com, boasts a 5-year worth of expertise as a digital editor, with a specific focus on authentic recipe content. Her expertise extends to various crucial aspects of the cookery world, including in-depth research on renowned chefs worldwide and innovative recipe development. Additionally, Damla is an enthusiastic baker who dedicates part of her time crafting delightful celebration cakes for her friends.