1600 Calorie Diet Plan for Diabetics
If you have diabetes, this 1600 calorie diet plan for diabetics is surely the right way to monitor your blood sugar, while also bringing all the required nutrition to your platter.
Moreover, this diet plan can significantly help you to shed some good weight in no time.
So, if you are someone who is looking to put a tab on your blood sugar levels, while also staying in the right shape, this diet plan is the best way to go forward.
What is a 1600 calorie diet plan for diabetics?
The focus is to plan up a diet plan that is low in carbs and sodium and loaded with some good protein and dietary fibers.
Also, you have to limit down your daily calorie intake to 1600 calories and that way, you can easily achieve your desired weight loss goals.
Still, before you get started with a 1600 calorie diet plan for diabetics, read about the below-mentioned guidelines to get the best out of this diet plan.
- Your meals must contain lots of good quality carbs like whole grains, non-starchy veggies, legumes and fruits
- It must also come loaded with lean protein options like fish, chicken, lean beef, turkey, and low-fat dairy.
- Healthy fat options like olive oil, nuts, seeds, and nut butter must also be included in your daily diet
- You must also consult with your doctor before getting along with any such diet plan
- The diet you are following must also be low in sodium and doesn’t contain any kind of refined, processed and packaged food options
- Always opt for home-cooked food as that comes without any unwanted preservatives
- Plan up your meals while including an adequate amount of proteins, carbs, and healthy fats
- Drink at least 8 ounces of water daily to keep your body hydrated in the process
Sample weekly 1600 calorie diet plan for diabetics
Meal options for 1600 calorie diet plan for diabetics ( Breakfast)
- 1 serving of Spinach, cheese and egg sandwich
- 1 serving of toasted sugar-free English muffin
- 1 small whole-grain wrap with roasted veggies
- ½ cup of sautéed spinach with 1 tbsp of olive oil dressing
- Egg scramble made out of 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup of shredded low-fat cheese or 1 serving of cheese slice
- 1 cup of honeydew melon cubes
- 1 cup of black coffee with 1 whole-wheat toast
Meal options for 1600 calorie diet plan for diabetics ( Lunch)
- 1 whole wheat large toasted pita bread
- 7-12 ounces of any low-calorie sugar-free beverage
- 1 serving of strawberry chicken salad with olive oil dressing
- 1 serving or ¼ cup of strawberries, raspberries or blueberries
- 1 serving of Mexican bowl ( 1/3 cup of brown rice,2/3 cup of baked beans, 1 cup of chopped spinach,1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes, ¼ cup of bell peppers with 1 tbsp of salsa sauce)
- 3 oz of grilled chicken breast with 1 cup of mixed green salad with olive oil dressing
- 1 serving o Tuna sandwich stuffed with 1 cup sliced tomato and half baked apple
Meal options for 1600 calorie diet plan for diabetics ( Dinner )
- 1 serving of Mediterranean couscous with sundried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of lentil penne pasta
- 3 oz of salmon fillet with 1 medium baked potato
- ½ cup of a baked potato with 2 oz of broiled beef
- 3 oz of boiled shrimp with 1 cup of mixed green salad
- 4 ounces of grilled lean steak with 1 baked sweet potato
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa with 8 oz of silken tofu and 1 cup cooked bok choy
Meal options for 1600 calorie diet plan for diabetics( Snacks)
- 1 cup of low-fat Greek yogurt with 1 banana
- 1 cup of celery with 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 cup of sliced carrots with peanuts ( 20nos)
- 1/3 cup of sliced peach with 1 serving of shredded cheese
- 1 apple with 2 tbsp of almond butter
Note – You can make your daily meal plan while using any of the above-mentioned recipes
Summing it up
A 1600 calorie diet plan for diabetics is quite an effective way to stabilize your blood sugar levels, while also keeping your weight loss goals in sight.
Still, consulting with your doctor or physician before getting along with this diet plan is highly recommended.
1600 calorie Mediterranean diet plan
1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics