For all the diabetic patients around the world, an 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics is certainly the best way to stabilize their blood sugar levels.
As of now, there are plenty of diabetic cases over the globe where patients have drastically reduced the long-term effects of diabetes through a healthy, diabetes-friendly diet, and regulated daily exercise.
What is an 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics?
You have to keep your carbs and sodium consumption to minimum levels while also limiting down your daily calorie intake to 1800 calories.
Another important section of this diet is the plentiful consumption of whole grains with fresh fruits and vegetables.
As there is always a risk of various cardiac issues associated with diabetes, this 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics is surely going to help you in the long term
Also, while you get along with this diet plan, keep measuring your blood sugar level post meals, and consult with doctors on a regular basis.
Guidelines to follow on the course of the 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics –
- To satisfy your growing appetite, make sure you choose vegetables like beans that include components to enhance your body’s ability to regulate the blood sugar levels.
- Instead of buying a high-on sugar yogurt, try opting for other options like maple syrup or honey.
- Use muesli ( sugar-free) as a snack instead of granola bars.
- If and when bored of the 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics, 1/2 cup of any fruit juice can be consumed instead of watermelons.
- Try to include more protein in your daily meals to make you stay filled for longer periods
- You must also opt for fiber-rich foods to help you improve your digestion and metabolism over time
Weekly sample planner for 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics
- A weekly sample menu for 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics(Breakfast):
- Avocado toast. (Monday)
- Frozen Bagels. (Tuesday)
- Greek Yogurt with frozen blueberries and a little bit of maple syrup on top. (Wednesday)
- Oats topped with powdered cinnamon, sliced apples, and finely chopped or grounded almonds (unsalted ones). (Thursday)
- On exceptional days, like certain Fridays of the month, a diabetic can drink coffee, tofu, and slices of bananas topped with flaxseed, vanilla powder, and cinnamon. (Friday)
On Saturday, do go back to having one favorite from these five days and on Sunday, a little bit of margarine and cheese slice is allowed if you have one full serving of protein powder along with it.
- A weekly sample menu for 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics(lunch):
- Corn + tomato + avocado salad is probably the healthiest and tastiest lunch any diabetic can have while following the 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics. (Monday)
- A little bit of hummus when paired with 12-14 seeded crackers is the most fulfilling and favored lunch. And along with it get some meat, probably 2 ounces of it. (Tuesday)
- Grilled chicken, a small cup of shredded lettuce, and any fruit. (Wednesday)
- Taco chips, sugar-free soda, and chopped pear/orange/tomato with olive oil and low-fat cheese slice. (Thursday)
- Cook up any kind of salad, if possible, egg salad. (Friday)
On Saturday and on Sunday, go back to your favorites from the above list.
- A weekly sample menu for 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics(Dinner):
- Stir fry some vegetables and mashed sweet potatoes; there goes the finely healthy dinner. (Monday)
- Mixed vegetable salad with a pinch of citrus juice. (Tuesday)
- Roasted chicken drumsticks loaded with all the good herbs. (Wednesday)
- Green beans with almonds, parsley, and olive oil. (Thursday)
- Grilled chicken with a bowl of brown rice, black pepper, and broccoli. (Friday)
On Saturday and Sunday, revisit your favorites from the aforementioned list.
- A weekly sample menu for 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics(Snacks):
- Orange (Monday)
- Raspberries (Tuesday)
- Yogurt (Wednesday)
- Salty popcorn (Thursday)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter with a fruit (Friday)
Saturday and Sunday – you can pick any of the options from the weekly menu
Summing it up
We hope you found this 1800 calorie diet plan for diabetics fruitful enough to meet up your daily health and fitness goals. Furthermore, do consult your doctor before starting along with this diet plan as results may vary according to your age, weight, and medical condition.