In this article, we will learn how to do a raisin water detox, explain its benefits, how much to drink and the results it provides.
Let’s Learn About Raisin Water Detox
The most well-known benefit of raisins are their effect on the liver. It is an excellent food that helps the liver purify, remove toxins and help it function at its best. Raisins also cleanse the intestines. But the most important detail is that raisin juice drunk on an empty stomach in the morning creates a detox effect. A raisin juice detox has a significant effect on specific biochemical processes in the liver that help cleanse your bloodstream more effectively.
The benefits, as you know, mainly come from the grapes themselves. We mentioned that when you apply this treatment 4 days in a row, you can see that your digestion gets easier, but I think we forgot something. The real surprise is that this superfood also helps boost your energy.
Raisin Water Detox Recipe
- 2 cups of water (13.5 fl oz)
- 150 grams of raisins
- First of all, we recommend that you choose your raisins carefully. Don’t choose the ones that are too bright because their shine is unnatural and is actually the result of chemical treatments to make them look more beautiful. Choose raisins that are darker in color and neither too hard nor too soft. Make sure they are clean.
- Wash the raisins and set them aside.
- Boil two glasses of water. Add the raisins and simmer slowly for 20 minutes. Very simple. But since the raisins have to be soaked in this water overnight, your job doesn’t end there.
- The next morning, drain the raisins and reheat the water. You can drink the water hot or warm according to your preference, but the most important thing is to drink it on an empty stomach. Drink the water before 30 to 35 minutes before having your breakfast.
Ideally, you should repeat this for several days in a row and prepare it overnight so that you drink your raisin water as soon as you wake up the next morning. Remember to follow this routine for at least four days. Always choose the darkest raisins in color and those that have not undergone any treatment that could harm your health. Buy organic raisins or take care to buy those that are not exposed to chemicals or pesticides.
There is no harm in following the detox once a month, because it has no side effects. The most interesting thing is that you can’t get the sugar normally found in raisins. At the same time, if you follow a diet that is low in fat and includes plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you can lose weight quickly and have a healthier liver. Now we know about the wonderful detox properties of raisins. We also know the recipe.
Here is a sample list for a diet with plenty of vegetables and fruits.
Benefits of Raisins
- Rich in phenols, raisins are effective in some diseases due to their antioxidant properties.
- Boron mineral, which provides better absorption of calcium in the body and is present in raisins, provides protection against osteoporosis and also benefits post-menopausal estrogen therapy.
- You can consume raisins regularly to reduce the risk of macular degeneration.
- Consuming them is very beneficial for having a regular digestive system. It is possible to achieve this with the nutritional fiber raisins contain. And in this way, it provides a solution to constipation. Consuming a handful of raisins a day helps with constipation and proper functioning of the intestines.
- Contains potassium and magnesium minerals. In this way, raisins help to maintain the acid balance of the body. In this way, they protect against gout, rheumatism, kidney stones and heart diseases.
- They have a blood pressure lowering effect and regulate blood pressure.
- They improve memory and reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Consuming raisins, which are rich in iron, also helps in the treatment of anemia.
- When you feel tired and weak, eating a handful of raisins will help recharge your energy.
- It prevents infections that may occur in the lungs.
- It helps hair to grow thicker and healthy.
- It significantly strengthens the immune system and protects the body against viruses from outside.
- Raisins contain a lot of sugar, so they are not recommended for diabetes, but you can eat raisins instead of refined sugar for low blood sugar.
- Raisins also reduce stress