1250 Calorie Diet Plan – Overview
At first glance, it may appear that losing weight is a challenging task, but it is quite simple if you eat right and follow your physician and dietician’s instructions.
Some weight watchers cut their calorie intake without eating healthy, which does more harm than good to overall health and weight loss.
People generally need at least 1,200 calories a day to maintain a healthy weight, though it might be too low for some.
People engaging in rigorous exercise routines or everyday routines require a higher caloric intake.
Simply maintaining a deficit between the calories you burn and those you consume is all that you require to lose weight.
You can lose weight with a 1250-calorie diet, which allows you to lose 2 pounds per week and 8 pounds per month.
When Following The 1250-Calorie Diet, What Foods Can You Consume?
It is important to note that while the 1250-calorie diet provides options for those who adhere to vegan, gluten-free or low-carb diets, it does not categorize any foods as “bad” or “off-limits.”
What determines how satisfied you are with food is the weight of the food rather than the number of calories.
Veggies and fruits are the most nutrient-dense green foods because they contain fewer calories per serving, making them the healthiest option for weight loss.
Consume Foods, such as lean meats, legumes, and low-fat dairy, in moderation since they are higher in calories and lower in nutrient content than green foods.
Red meat, processed foods, and full-fat cheese top the caloric density per serving list.
Always include the following foods in your 1250-calorie diet if you want to stay healthy
- 300 milliliters of skimmed milk
- Drink six to eight glasses of water per day.
- At the very least, one-third of your food should be uncooked, raw, and made from fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Keep Sugars and artificial sweeteners to a minimum
1250-Calorie Diet Ideas
In adults, 45 to 65 percent of daily calories should come from carbohydrates, 10 to 35 percent should come from protein, and 20 to 35 percent should come from fat.
This recommendation applies to both men and women of reproductive age.
Furthermore, according to the Cleveland Clinic, one gram of fat contains nine calories, whereas one gram of carbohydrates and proteins contains four calories.
A simple calorie calculator can assist in determining the values for a diet consisting of 1250 calories.
As part of the 1250 diet plan, you should consume approximately 27.8 to 48.6 grams of fat, or 250 to 437.5 calories, 140.6 to 203.1 grams of carbohydrates, or 562.5 to 812.5 calories, and 31.3 to 109.4 grams of protein, or 125 to 437.5 calories.
Breakfast Suggestions- (Pick Any but Calories should not exceed 250)
- A small container of fat-free yogurt and a bowl of fruit salad
- low-fat soft cheese and tomato on wholegrain bread or a bagel, along with a handful of raspberries, for good measure
- A croissant topped with 2tsp. of jam
- One bagel is toasted and buttered.
- Five tablespoons of bran flakes combined with 1 tablespoon sultanas, 3 dried apricots, and skimmed milk.
- 15 oz orange juice, 30g honey-nut cornflakes, 125ml semi-skimmed milk, and 30g honey-nut cornflakes
- Sandwich made with two grilled rashers of lean-back bacon, one tomato, lettuce and one tablespoon of reduced-fat mayonnaise on two slices of wholemeal bread.
- Three tablespoons unsweetened muesli with banana and a few strawberries and low-fat milk and a small glass of orange juice.
- Porridge made from 4 tablespoons porridge oats, 275 mL water, and skimmed milk, topped with 3 dried apricots and 1 teaspoon honey.
Ideas for lunches-Pick any without exceeding 350-450 calories
- One wholemeal pita with 3 tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise Cheddar and a side of salad Yogurt made with fruit and no added fat
- A bowl of vegetable soup served with wholegrain cheese toasties and 4 tbsp. grated limited-fat cheese
- Cucumber, spring onion, and watercress wrapped in shredded duck and served with 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce.
- 6 tbsp.
- Cooked brown rice, 4 tbsp. Kidney beans, 12 small red onions, a handful of mange tout, baby sweet corn, French beans, and cherry tomatoes, plus 1 tbsp. fat-free dressing
- Homemade guacamole, made with 12 small avocados, two chopped tomatoes, crushed garlic, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce to taste. Serve with one wholemeal pita bread and carrot sticks on the side for dipping and one orange
- Sandwich with egg, tomato, and avocado
- 7 tbsp. Cooked brown rice, 1 small pack of prawns, 5 cherry tomatoes, a handful of watercress, and fat-free dressing combined to make a rice and prawn salad, and one kiwi fruit for good measure.
- Roast beef with 1 jacket potato, salad, and 2 tablespoons fat-free dressing served with two slices of lean roast beef.
Dinner suggestions: (You can pick any of them but do not exceed 450 calories)
- Stir-fry prawns and vegetables with low-sodium soy sauce and 6 tablespoons of brown rice.
- Couscous with roasted vegetables
- One grilled skinless cooked chicken breast, 6 tbsp. cooked whole-wheat pasta, lightly sautéed broccoli, and 1 tbsp. red pesto sauce served with a salad
- Salmon with peppers baked in the oven with 4 new potatoes boiled in their skins, and vegetables to accompany the main course.
- Two medium-sized roast potatoes, 1 Yorkshire pudding, vegetables, a fat-free gravy, and 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce served with three thin slices of lean roast beef.
- Stir-fried shrimp and noodles made with 1 tablespoon sunflower oil, fresh ginger and chili to taste, 2 spring onions, shredded white cabbage, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 layer of noodles and 1 cup of fat-free fruit yogurt
- Veggie burger with coleslaw on the side
- Cooked whole-wheat pasta tossed in red pesto, served with 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese, along with 3 tablespoons of sweet corn, and steamed broccoli. Garnish with 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese and a side salad
Ideas for Snacks (Pick any one of these 100-150 calories)
- 1 sliced tomato, 1 teaspoon low-fat spread, and 1 slice of wholegrain toast
- One small banana and one Satsuma (or similar fruit)
Four tablespoons bran flakes combined with 3 dried dates, 1 table spoon sultanas, and skimmed milk.
- One wholemeal fruit scone spread with 1 tablespoon low-fat spread and 1 small banana. •
- 1 fried egg and 1 slice of toast
- Costa cappuccino made with semi-skimmed milk and a touch of espresso
In the 1250-calorie diet plan, there is no restriction on what you can eat. Rather, it encourages you to keep track of how much you eat in a given period.
With a consistent diet for each meal of the day, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.
Because of the restriction on the number of calories, you need to follow the diet under the supervision of a nutritionist or physician.
Printable 1200 Calorie Diet Plan
1200 Calorie 21 Day Fix Meal Plan