High Protein High Fiber Diet
Undesired weight gain is a prevalent issue nowadays. Are you going through the same? Reports show that millennials in the USA have gained an average of 41 pounds of undesired weight in February 2021 since the start of the covid pandemic.
A high protein high fiber diet can allow you to lose weight in a tasty way.
When you add efficient lean fiber and protein sources to your healthy meal plans, they will show more fruitful results.
You can consider biting into a breast of grilled chicken with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a chopped pear salsa. They will be a delicious yet healthy addition to your meals.
Furthermore, protein-packed with healthy carbohydrates and fiber food can help reduce weight to a great extent.
You can perform exercises along with your high fiber and high protein food meals to maintain your physique and health.
How Do Fiber and Protein diet Help Losing Weight?
As stated above, a combination of protein and fiber in your meals can help you lose weight effectively.
Protein and fiber promote feeling full without much calorie intake. Hence, to put it simply, you don’t have to starve yourself to burn off the excess weight.
If you understand how protein and fiber work together, you will be able to prepare a proper meal plan for losing weight and maintaining your health efficiently.
Let’s talk about both protein and fiber, helping in weight loss below.
You can get higher protein in animal food items such as seafood, eggs, meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products.
Protein can also be found to some extent in vegetarian food items. Furthermore, protein promotes satiety extensively compared to fats and carbs.
It is stated in the “American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” article published in May 2008. Increasing protein intake will help you reduce your carbs and fat intake since you will already be full.
In addition, protein can also help in increasing heat production in your body, called thermogenesis.
It also enables you to maintain muscle mass and ensures that you only lose fat and not muscles.
Fiber is not digested. Yet, it helps promote regular bowel movements suitable for your health. The main thing is that fiber does promote satiety, which again helps you depend less on carbs and fat to feel full.
It covers a lot of space in your stomach, making you feel full without consuming much food.
Soluble fibers are great as they absorb an adequate amount of liquid resulting in a gel-like substance, making you feel fuller.
It even slows down the digestion process, allowing energy and its sustainable use after your meals.
Combining Protein & Fiber
Combining a high protein high fiber diet helps you beam with good health.
Fiber helps lower cholesterol, blood sugar, control appetite, boost immunity, and help in good bowel movement. Along with that, you will be getting lots of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Furthermore, protein also provides great nutritional value. However, excess protein can also contribute to higher cholesterol, so maintaining a balance is crucial.
5 Ideas of High Protein Fiber Diet Food
If you want to achieve your weight loss goals, you can try out the perfect food combinations enriched with protein and fiber. Let’s look at these fibers and protein-rich foods that aid weight loss.
1. Rice and Lentils
Lentils are enriched with protein and fiber, which allows you to maintain your blood sugar levels. They also help to remove belly fat. Combining it with rice will enable you to have a complete meal full of fiber and protein.
Furthermore, lentils are full of vitamins and iron. Along with lentils and rice, you can also add some vegetables like onions, peas, carrots, and cauliflower to your rice to add more nutritional value.
2. Yogurt and fruit
Yogurt is full of calcium and proteins. Hence, it helps in maintaining your gut health. Adding fruits to yogurt can also add a flavorful and healthier touch.
When you feel hungry at times other than your mealtime, a fresh fruit smoothie can be a perfect healthy snack.
3. Vegetables and Quinoa
You can also eat whole grains such as amaranth or quinoa as they are extremely healthy and rich in fiber.
Although quinoa is bland in taste, adding some vegetables such as carrots, peas, potatoes, or capsicum can also benefit health. They are enriched with fibers and provide vitamins and minerals.
4. Chicken with some vegetables/fruits
Another meal plan for a high protein, high fiber diet has chicken and assorted fruits or vegetables. You can simply make a chicken salad, which will be delightful to your taste buds.
You can add some grilled chicken slices with dark green leafy vegetables, bell peppers, or fruits such as pears, berries, or apples if you prefer.
This will keep you full and will be a healthy weight loss meal.
5. Whole grain bread with eggs
As you may know already, eggs are full of several nutrients. Furthermore, due to their low-calorie levels, they won’t lead to further weight gain. They are full of proteins.
You can make meals with eggs and whole-grain bread for having a starve-free weight loss plan. Whole grain or multigrain bread has fiber, and eggs have protein, offering combined benefits.
Tips for High Protein High Fiber Diet
You can follow the below-mentioned eating tips for added benefits of the high protein high fiber diet.
- Use fruits to add a naturally sweet flavor to your food. They are low on the glycemic index and can enhance your body’s energy levels. It will also make you feel cleansed and refreshed.
- Some of the great sources of fibers include legumes, beans, and whole grains like quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, brown rice, and spelling.
- Excellent protein sources include fish, turkey, chicken, eggs, nuts, tofu, beans, grains, seeds, low-fat dairy, greek yogurt, and lean beef.
- Ensure drinking enough water when consuming high-fiber food so that you can stay away from any blockage in your system.
- When consuming protein-rich food, ensure the amount of cholesterol in food items such as whole dairy, red meat, and other high-fat foods. They may lead to high cholesterol issues if consumed excessively.
- If you have health conditions, talk to your doctor to ensure an adequate and efficient high protein high fiber diet.
- Ensure exercising daily for at least 30-60 minutes and the high protein high fiber diet to lose weight effectively.
Things to Watch Out for During High Protein High Fiber Diet
Some of the things that you have to watch out for a while going on a high protein, high fiber diet are as follows:
- Too much fiber consumption may lead to diarrhea, gas, abdominal discomfort, bloating, and constipation. It may also lead to an inability to absorb specific nutrients.
- High protein diets may lead to mood swings, resulting in high-carb food cravings.
- When consuming high protein levels, may also lead to a reduction of bone calcium. It may even cause osteoporosis. Furthermore, it may lead to a strain on your kidneys.
Whole Day Meal Plan for High Protein High Fiber Diet – Sample
You can follow this type of whole-meal plan during your diet for weight loss. This sample day plan will help you to plan your meal accordingly.
- Start your day with a nutrition-filled breakfast: two eggs with ½ cup of mixed vegetables and 1 cup of raspberries.
- In your lunch, include 3 ounces of turkey breast, one whole-grain English muffin, 1 ounce of cheese, and an apple.
- For a healthy snack in the evening, try fruit salad and cottage cheese.
- For dinner, go with cooked broccoli, chicken, and whole-grain couscous.
A high protein, high fiber diet, and daily exercising are the best ways to reduce weight and maintain it. However, ensure that you don’t over-consume these nutrients.
You can talk with your doctor to understand the adequate amount of protein and fibers good for your health. Hope this article enables you to get an overview of this diet.