Brazilian Diet Plan
Brazilian diet plan is as old as Brazil. It recently came into public light for its potency in weight loss. Although, it doesn’t originate from any scientific study, many who followed the ethics of this diet plan have testified of tremendous weight loss. The fact that it doesn’t originate from scientific analysis and data makes it easier to relate and follow it through.
What is the Brazilian Diet Plan?
The Brazilian diet plan is unique to the people of Brazil, it is considered a way of life for them. Brazilians cultural approach to food (daily meal arrangement principle), left the shores of Brazil and became a potent weight loss mechanism. Interesting enough Brazilian meal plan was not originated to address weight loss related issues but most of health practitioners believes that the Brazilian diet plan can help losing as much as 12 kg (26.5lbs) of fat if followed consistently for a month.
How Brazilian diet works?
The Brazilian diet works by intentionally fixing your meal with rich proteins. These proteins form the higher bulk of your meal while others are additions. As earlier stated, it is not a theory and so it doesn’t run in phases or stages, it is more of the way of life of a group of people. To follow this diet there are a few things to note regarding your meal;
- This diet requires you to eat in measured portions, of course you are dieting, and you know the expectations of what a measured portion should loo like. Aside sticking to your portions, you are required to eat at regular intervals of breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- If you are going to follow this diet plan well, you must say goodbye to alcohol. The reason for excluding alcohol is that it can disturb the quick weight loss diet progress.
- The Brazilian diet has a common cliché for its followers which goes thus “eat to survive and not survive to eat.” This cliché constantly keeps your appetite in check, so if you have appetite for any meal, you get to judge if it is important or not and how good it is for your body.
- The Brazilian diet proposes an eight hours interval between successive meals. This is to ensure that the previous meal has digested appropriately. The interval system is one also geared to stabilize your appetite by discipline, there are a number of apps you can look out for on google to keep track of your meal time interval.
- The Brazilian diet supports rich protein intake, and as such negates high carbohydrate and fat intake.
- If you like a lot of processed food, this diet negates your appetite from processed foods because of their hidden fats and sugars.
- Followers of this diet plan are advised to eat healthy foods, ranging from vegetables, fish, meat, fruits, and more. It is important to note that this diet plan supports a high intake of water to counter balance high protein intake. Although recent scientific studies negate the fact that high protein intake can cause any disease.
A Typical Brazilian Diet Meal Sample
Below is a typical meal sample to follow for the week while following this diet plan. Monday
Breakfast: A glass of orange juice, one orange and one banana Lunch: Two slices of toast and 2 glass of orange juice Dinner: 2 slices of toast, 1 glass of orange juice Tuesday
Breakfast: A slice of toast and 2 glass of non-fatty milk Lunch: 100g cook rice, 140g salad, a glass of orange juice, a tablespoon of lemon Dinner: 200g of cooked meat (non fatty), 2 apples, and 6 lettuce leaves Wednesday
Breakfast: Freshly Prepared glass of apple juice and a small toast Lunch: 2 boiled potatoes, 4 carrots, 100g of non fatty meat Dinner: 2 boiled eggs, 200g of fish Thursday
Breakfast: 2 apples and a glass of freshly made apple juice Lunch: 100g of non fatty meat, 150g of fish, and 2 carrots Dinner: A bowl of vegetable soup, 2 bowls of fish soup, and 2 slices of bread Friday
Breakfast: 100g of pineapple with 2 glass of freshly prepared pineapple juice Lunch: 2 oranges, a little toast and 2 pieces of cheese Dinner: 3 boiled potatoes, 150g salad comprising lettuce and carrots, and a glass of juice Saturday
Breakfast: 2 glass of apple juice and 2 toast Lunch: A loaf of bread, a bowl of vegetable soup, a bowl of mushroom and fish soup Dinner: 100g of meat, and 100g of salad vegetable Sunday This is considered a more flexible meal day. In spite of your flexibility you must not break the requirements of your diet. Pros and Cons of Brazilian Diet Plan The benefits of this diet are
- It excludes processed food
- It doesn’t involve frying and oil usage in its diet
- It is effective for weight loss
The cons of this diet
- It doesn’t provide a diet for weight maintenance
- Total exclusion of oil is not good for the body. This plan is missing for a little proportion of monounsaturated oils.
Conclusion The Brazilian diet plan is no doubt functional for weight loss, it is a more natural diet plan and less bureaucratic and easy to follow over a long period of time. Since the diet plan didn’t originate for weight loss, following the diet plan while increasing slightly your portion would help in weight maintenance.
Printable (PDF) Brazilian Diet Plan Table
|Breakfast||A glass of orange juice, one orange and one banana||A slice of toast and 2 glass of non-fatty milk||Freshly Prepared glass of apple juice and a small toast||2 apples and a glass of freshly made apple juice||100g of pineapple with 2 glass of freshly prepared pineapple juice||2 glass of apple juice and 2 toast|
|Lunch||Two slices of toast and 2 glass of orange juice||100g cook rice, 140g salad, a glass of orange juice, a tablespoon of lemon||2 boiled potatoes, 4 carrots, 100g of non fatty meat||100g of non fatty meat, 150g of fish, and 2 carrots||2 oranges, a little toast and 2 pieces of cheese||A loaf of bread, a bowl of vegetable soup, a bowl of mushroom and fish soup|
|Dinner||2 slices of toast, 1 glass of orange juice||200g of cooked meat (non fatty), 2 apples, and 6 lettuce leaves||2 boiled eggs, 200g of fish||A bowl of vegetable soup, 2 bowls of fish soup, and 2 slices of bread||3 boiled potatoes, 150g salad comprising lettuce and carrots, and a glass of juice||100g of meat, and 100g of salad vegetable|