Carnivore Diet for Women – Overview
The carnivore diet consists entirely of meat and animal products and does not include other types of food. It excludes all other foods such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts and seeds.
Other low-carb diets, such as the Keto and Paleo Diet, also restrict carbohydrate intake but are not prohibited. But there is a zero carbohydrate philosophy in the carnivore diet.
All You Need to Know About the Carnivore Diet for Women
Shawn Baker, the former American orthopedic doctor, is among the best-known advocates of this diet.
Followers of the carnivore diet say that it has helped them with depression, anxiety, arthritis, obesity, diabetes and other diseases.
For those who follow this diet, it is necessary to remove all other plant foods except meat, fish, eggs and a small amount of low-lactose dairy products.
Therefore, this diet does not seem healthy enough to be a long-term diet. Therefore, we will only recommend the Carnivore Diet for 5 days.
Foods to eat include beef, chicken, mutton, offal, salmon, sardines, white fish, and a small amount of dense cream cheese or hard cheese.
Butter, cream and bone marrow are allowed. Advocates of this diet state that fatty meats meet daily energy needs.
The carnivore diet recommends drinking bone broth and water but does not recommend the consumption of tea, coffee and other herbal drinks.
It does not provide guidance on calorie intake, portion size, and how many meals a day should be eaten. Advocates of the diet point out that you can eat as often as you want.
Some foods that can be eaten include:
- Fish: salmon, mackerel, sardines, crab, lobster, herring, etc.
- Low-lactose dairy products (small amounts): heavy cream cheeses, butter, hard cheeses, etc.
- Meat: beef, chicken, turkey, offal, mutton, etc.
- Other animal products: eggs, bone marrow, bone broth, etc.
All foods not derived from animals are prohibited on the carnivore diet. Here are these foods:
- Legumes: beans, lentils, etc.
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, peanuts, etc.
- Cereals: rice, wheat, bread, quinoa, pasta, etc.
- Vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, green beans, peppers, etc.
- Fruits: apples, berries, bananas, kiwi, oranges, etc.
- High-lactose dairy products: milk, yogurt, soft cheeses, etc.
- Alcohol: beer, wine, liquor, etc.
- Drinks excluding water: coke, coffee, tea, juice, etc.
- Sugar: table sugar, maple syrup, brown sugar, etc.
The Carnivore Diet is Not Suitable for Everyone:
- For example, people who need to limit their protein intake, such as people with chronic kidney disease, should not follow a carnivore diet for women.
- Those who are very sensitive to cholesterol in foods should be careful about consuming plenty of cholesterol foods.
- Those who have food anxiety and have problems with restrictive eating should not try this diet.
- For individuals who need special foods, such as pregnant women, breastfeeding women, and children, the carnivore diet is likely to not meet their nutritional needs.
Certain features of the carnivore diet may aid in weight loss. Especially in some studies, it is stated that a high-protein and low-carbohydrate diet can help with weight loss.
This is because protein makes you feel fuller after meals and therefore helps reduce calorie intake and thus helps you lose weight.
Protein also increases metabolic rate and allows you to burn more calories. Therefore, the carnivore diet can make you feel fuller and consume fewer calories.
In a 3-month study of 132 overweight or obese adults, the effects of 4 energy-restricting diets with different carbohydrate and protein ratios were compared.
Those who followed a high protein diet had higher daily weight and fat loss than those who consumed a lower amount of protein.
Other studies have similar results, and this suggests that increasing protein intake and decreasing carbohydrate intake may provide a longer-term weight loss than a diet high in carbohydrates with less protein.
Carnivore Diet for Women, Here is a Sample Menu for 5 Days:
Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, sardines
Lunch: Turkey burger, dried salmon, roast beef
Dinner: Filetuna, crab, chicken liver
Snacks: Small amount of parmesan cheese, dry meat
Breakfast: Shrimp, egg, a small amount of cream cheese
Lunch: Grilled meat, tuna, dried beef
Dinner: Mutton chop, scallops, veal liver
Snacks: Small amounts of cheddar cheese, bone broth
Breakfast: Eggs, salmon, turkey sauce
Lunch: Roast beef, mackerel
Dinner: Turkey burger, a small amount of parmesan cheese, bone marrow
Snacks: Boiled eggs, shrimp
Breakfast: Trout, ground chicken, bacon
Lunch: Beef meatballs, a small amount of cheddar cheese, dry salmon
Dinner: Crab, filetuna
Snacks: Sardines, dried beef
Breakfast: Egg, chicken and turkey sauce
Lunch: Grilled lamb, chicken livers and chops
Dinner: Pancetta, scallops cooked in butter, a small amount of dense cream cheese
Snacks: Bone broth, dried turkey meat
Printable (PDF) Carnivore Diet for Women
|Meals||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|Breakfast||Eggs, bacon, sardines||Shrimp, egg, small amount of cream cheese||Eggs, salmon, turkey sauce||Trout, ground chicken, bacon||Egg, chicken and turkey sauce|
|Lunch||Turkey burger, dried salmon, roast beef||Grilled meat, tuna, dried beef||Roast beef, mackerel||Beef meatballs, a small amount of cheddar cheese, dry salmon||Grilled lamb, chicken livers and chops|
|Dinner||Filetuna, crab, chicken liver||Mutton chop, scallops, veal liver||Turkey burger, small amount of parmesan cheese, bone marrow||Crab, filetuna||Pancetta, scallops cooked in butter, a small amount of dense cream cheese|
|Snack||Small amount of parmesan cheese, dry meat||Small amounts of cheddar cheese, bone broth||Boiled eggs, shrimp||Sardines, dried beef||Bone broth, dried turkey meat|
Fast Metabolism Diet Food List
3 Day Cleanse to Lose Belly Fat
Gestational Diabetes Diet Plan
Diet Plan for Breastfeeding Mothers to Lose Weight