Here’s all you need to know about the Dukan diet consolidation phase. What is the consolidation phase, what is consumed, and what needs to be done at this stage? Find out in this article.
Dukan Diet Consolidation Phase (With Food List)
With the attack phase and the cruise phase, our bodies are now tired of the effect of diet.
As the name implies, during the consolidation phase, the body begins to be strengthened and continues to lose weight until the protection phase.
However, it is not possible to lose as much weight as in the attack phase or the cruise phase. At this stage, let’s talk about what we are doing and what we are not doing on the Dukan diet.
Decide the duration of the consolidation phase as follows. First, multiply the total weight you have lost in the attack phase and the cruise phase by 10.
That number is the number of days for the consolidation phase. So if lost 10 kilograms (22lbs), 10 × 10 = 100 days is the duration of the consolidation phase.
Let’s go through this example. It is possible to divide the consolidation phase into 50 days + 50 days. Because the consolidation phase is the stage of restoring the old meals to the body.
In the consolidation phase, your body will get stronger without gaining weight.
The consolidation phase is one of the most critical stages in order not to regain the weight loss in the Dukan diet.
During this phase, one day of the week, a protein day is a must. You can do this any day you want and call this day protein Monday.
The food you will eat in the remaining days can be eaten provided that it is not too oily.
The first part of the Dukan diet consolidation phase includes 1 award meal a week, and the second part includes 2 award meals a week. We can define the award meal as follows.
You can eat foods that are not normally eaten. (Potatoes, pizza, pasta, etc.) But you should not forget that this is not an award day but an award meal.
Reward meals are working, which will prepare you for the next phase of the diet. So after dieting, your body will gradually get used to foods other than protein and vegetables.
The reason that the consolidation phase is in two phases is to accustom the body to the meals in the first part before the sudden load is applied to the body and then to bring the healthy nutrition back to the body by accustoming the body to all the meals in the second part.
What to Specifically Eat at the Dukan Diet Consolidation Phase
- You can consume two slices of whole-grain / whole wheat bread a day.
- If you prefer not to consume bread, you can replace your bread with 2 tbsp whole wheat flour. Or you can consume 220 grams of starchy food instead of your 2 slices of bread right. When you think of starchy food, don’t think of pastries and pasta right away. Dukan firstly recommends pulses as starch food consumption, then brown bulgur and then whole wheat pasta, etc.
- You have the right to 1 portion of fruit a day. One portion of fruit 4-5 plums, 1 medium apple, etc. You can calculate the size. High sugar content such as bananas, grapes, cherries, and figs are at this stage.
- You can consume 40 grams of cheese a day, as long as that cheese is not very fat. If you don’t want to eat cheese, you might be wondering what you can eat instead. You can consume nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, peanuts, or pumpkin seeds instead of cheese. You can have up to 40 grams of any of these, and they cannot be roasted. You can consume some of the 40 grams of cheese with the other part with hazelnuts.
- You are entitled to one starch at your meal once a week. At this stage, you can consume, 220 grams of baked pastry, rice, peas, legumes, potatoes, pasta, etc. It is also an important detail that you cook it without oil: For example, instead of fries, you can choose an oil-free baked potato baked in the oven.