Everyone loves Italian food. Pasta, pizza, lasagna… what’s not to love? But for those of us on a vegan diet, finding good Italian food can be a challenge. After all, the Italian diet is rich in cheese, eggs, and meat. So what workarounds can you implement to enjoy great Italian food while remaining vegan? Fortunately there are plenty of options.
Italian Vegan Recipes You Need to Try
Maybe many of us don’t know how to speak Italian, but when it comes to Italia, we all know that amazing cuisine. The cuisine is one of the cuisines that many people consider their favorite. So how do we make these delicacies at home?
Without further ado and without leaving you wondering, we will introduce the recipes. Roll up your sleeves because step-by-step recipes will be waiting for you down to the smallest detail.
Italian Vegan Recipes
You heard right, you will eat a Frittata. But it’s egg-free, cheese-free and even tofu-free. Those who doubt whether this is really tasty, we are waiting for you to the kitchen for us to prove it.
1 zucchini (medium-size) or mushrooms
1 cup of chickpea flour
1 cup of water
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 red onion (chopped)
Half a teaspoon of salt
- Measure 1 cup of chickpea flour and place in a large deep mixing bowl. Pour 1 cup of water on it, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, black pepper and salt and mix with a blender until it reaches the consistency of beaten egg. Put the mixture aside
- Finely chop the onion. Cut the zucchini into rounds as well. (If you are going to use mushrooms instead of zucchini, you can chop the mushrooms as thin as onions at this stage)
- Now we will cook the vegetables. We used water to cook them (to keep the calories lower). You can use a little oil and saute them.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the hot pan, add the onions, and after cooking for a while, add the zucchini and continue cooking. Add some salt and pepper while continuing to cook them. Cover the lid of the pan and continue cooking until the zucchini is soft.
- When the zucchini is cooked, mix it one more time and turn off the heat. Then take a spoon from the zucchini mixture and pour it into the liquid flour mixture.
- Mix it all well with a spoon.
- Now take a non-stick pan and start preheating. When it gets hot, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into it. After waiting for the oil to heat up, pour the whole mixture into this oil and cook it back and forth like a pancake. (It will be enough to cook each side for about 3 minutes.)
- Put it on a plate and cut it into triangles in the form of pizza slices.
Pasta with Parmesan and Mushrooms (With Homemade Vegan Parmesan Cheese Recipe)
Now we are making delicious spaghetti. But in this recipe, we’re going to make it a little safer. We will show you how to easily make your own vegan cheese at home, and you will enjoy adding this Parmesan to your spaghetti.
4 cups of unsweetened coconut milk
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast, but 2 tablespoons would be ideal for a more intense cheese flavor
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of agar agar powder
1 teaspoon of salt
Half a pack of pasta
2 cups of mushrooms
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Black pepper and salt
4-5 basil leaves
100% Vegan Homemade Parmesan Cheese Recipe
- First of all, let’s start by making the parmesan cheese. After making the cheese, if you have time, we recommend wrapping it in a cling film and keeping it in the refrigerator for a few days and then consuming it.
- Get a medium glass bowl. Rub 2 tablespoons of olive oil all over the bowl using a brush. Set the oily bowl aside.
- Then put a large pot on the stove. Set it to medium heat. Add 1 cup of coconut milk in it and then add nutritional yeast, garlic powder, agar agar powder, black pepper and salt. Mix them all together thoroughly.
- For the next step, add the rest of the coconut milk and continue cooking for 5 minutes without stopping. At the end of this time, reduce the heat and cook, stirring, for another 5 minutes.
- Now slowly pour the liquid mixture you have prepared into the glass bowl that you have oiled and leave it for 15 minutes. Now it’s time to turn the liquid into Parmesan cheese. For this, put it in the refrigerator and leave it for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, you will see that the liquid has become solid. Take the cheese out of the bowl. If this seems difficult, gently press the edges of the circle with your fingers and let it dislodge. Then turn it upside down so it falls.
- Now keep it in the refrigerator for at least 2 days. Thus, its shape will fit more and it will take the shape of Parmesan cheese. Then you can use it with any meal you want. For example;
Pasta with Parmesan and Mushrooms Recipe
- Start by boiling your pasta. Drain the water, wash it with cold water and set it aside.
- Then get the mushrooms. Clean their shells with a damp cloth, but do not wash them. Cut off the stems and divide them into 4 equal parts.
- Get any pan. Put the mushrooms in it and cook until the water is absorbed. When the mushrooms have completely absorbed their water, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and start frying. To continue frying, add black pepper and salt and mix.
- Cut a few pieces of parmesan cheese that you have kept in the fridge and pour it over the fried mushrooms. After continuing to mix for a while, pour the boiled pasta over it, mix, add basil leaves on top and voila.
Spanish Vegan Churro Recipe (In Just 10 Minutes)
Turkish Mediterranean Soup Recipe