This vegetarian meal plan for weight gain promises you a healthy weight gain in a short time. So how is this diet applied?
What should you do and what should you avoid while following this diet? The answers to these questions and more are below.
Find Out the Best Vegetarian Meal Plan for Weight Gain
Vegetarians generally do not gain much weight because they consume more vegetables. In such a situation, in addition to muscle loss, unsightly thinness may be experienced.
Therefore, if vegetarians are considering dieting, they should choose a diet program prepared with foods that will support muscle growth.
Those who have adopted a vegetarian diet should not choose unhealthy ways to gain weight.
Fries, pastries, and desserts can easily cause gain weight for vegetarians, but on the other hand, these foods cause exacerbation of certain health conditions and deterioration of overall health.
If you are a vegetarian who wants to gain weight, you have to do it in a controlled manner.
Otherwise, you may gain more weight than you want and you may experience various health problems that come with excess weight.
The liver, intestine, stomach and heart are the organs most affected by overweight. It is useful to keep control in order not to cause health issues.
What Should be a Vegetarian Diet for Weight Gain?
You Should Increase Your Carbohydrate Intake In A Healthy Way
Foods with high carbohydrate value are also foods with high-calorie value.
Bread, pasta, pizza, pastries, and desserts are the highest-calorie carbohydrates, but it is not a good idea to eat more of these because they are unhealthy.
A good vegetarian meal plan for weight gain should include carbohydrates from legumes and grains. Sometimes, a serving of pasta will support a weight gain diet.
Bread is considered a strong carbohydrate, which is why it is not preferred in weight loss diets. Vegetarians on a weight gain diet can consume 2-3 slices of whole-grain bread with their meals.
You should consider the benefit-harm balance when choosing bread.
Recent research has made it clear that white bread is harmful due to its high sugar content.
For this reason, whole grain bread and wheat bread should be your first choices.
You Should Increase Your Portions
While increasing the daily calorie intake in the vegetarian diet; the portions also need to be increased. You can eat two servings of healthy meals as long as you can.
For example, if you can drink two bowls of soup. You should not force yourself to eat two servings at once while increasing the portion size.
It is best to increase the amount gradually over the days. Otherwise, you can strain the digestive system. Try to support your daily calorie intake with high-calorie smoothies to gain weight.
Protein Consumption Should Be Increased
Vegetarians can get the protein they need from raw nuts and legumes, but it probably won’t be enough. In this case, you may need to take protein supplements with a doctor’s advice. It is important to listen to the recommendations of experts in supplements.
Vegetarian Meal Plan for Weight Gain
In the vegetarian weight gain diet, the meal plan should be programmed to have at least 6 meals. Since daily calories will increase, fluid intake should also be increased.
Attention should be paid to salt, water and nutritional balance in order not to disturb the body balance. You should start the diet at 8.00 am every morning.
You should take care to have your breakfast within one hour at the latest after getting up. We recommend drinking lukewarm, lemon and honey water before breakfast.
- 3 handfuls of full-fat cheese, 7-8 olives, 2 eggs, vegetables, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, two slices of whole wheat bread, 2-3 teaspoons jam
- 1 banana, a portion of grapes with a large glass of full-fat milk. (Vegetarians who cannot consume eggs and dairy products can add a portion of legume salad to breakfast), you should also (slowly) consume a handful of raw almonds after breakfast.
- One serving of boiled rice, a vegetable dish cooked with carrots and potatoes, yogurt (if possible), a bowl of green lentil or red lentil soup, two slices of whole wheat bread, one serving of Mexican bean salad
- A serving of grapes/banana or any seasonal fruit, unsweetened tea, 3-4 biscuits, a teaspoon of peanut butter
- Your favorite soup, baked beans or chickpeas, salad with lots of olive oil, rice, two slices of whole-wheat bread. (vegetarians who can consume dairy products should add a large glass of buttermilk to this menu)
- A glass of milk or a serving of fruit
High Protein Vegetarian Foods for Muscle Building
Diet plan to lose thigh and hip fat