Dukan diet attack phase meal plan is quite popular among everyone from a middle-class person to a celebrity.
The diet mainly includes an increase in the consumption of low carbs and high protein in a regular diet.
For those new to this diet, the attack phase is the first phase of the Dukan diet and has strict rules for what you can eat and what you cannot.
The attack phase mainly focuses on increasing high-protein meals without the presence of any carbohydrates and is among the most critical parts of the dukan diet plan.
The attack phase lasts for a maximum of two to five days, which gives the maximum benefit to those looking to maintain good health and lose some weight.
Dukan Attack Phase Meal Plan – Why Carbs Are Not Important?
One of the primary goals of the dukan diet during its attack phase is removing carbs from the diet.
It might be a bit of an issue with those consuming starchy foods, which are a necessary part of everyday meals.
Carbs raise the calories in the diet, which leads the calories to increase multifold.
Consuming less of carbs leads to Ketosis, which reduces hunger and helps the body burn the extra fat instead of carbs. It will ultimately lead to better weight loss.
In short, the weight that you will lose during this phase of the Dukan diet depends on how much you can resist carbs.
Although the Dukan diet is a high protein diet, consumption of high protein is an essential aspect of the Attack phase.
However, remember that switching to a protein-only diet would not help with weight loss either.
Are Carbs the Only Culprit When it Comes to Losing Weight?
Although minimizing the consumption of carbs and eating lean protein will certainly help in weight loss, but some factors might hamper your progress.
Let us find out which factors can cause a hindrance to your goal of effective weight management.
- The retention of water weight will slow down the weight loss process. Water retention can happen due to many reasons, including dehydration, medications, inactivity, or hormonal changes. Moreover, it is more common among women.
- Dukan attack phase meal plan might suffer a setback if your body resists dieting. Many factors can cause the body to get resistance against dieting, including stress, medications, aging, insensitivity, and sleep deprivation.
- Lastly, basal weight also plays a vital role in helping you lose weight. It depends on how much weight a person can lose, which will be more likely in men with more weight as opposed to those with less weight.
The Dukan Attack Phase Meal Plan List
Given below is the complete breakdown of the diet you need to consume with the Dukan attack phase meal
- Animal Protein
- The best thing about the Attack Phase of the Dukan diet is the person can consume animal protein such as lean beef, shellfish, fish, and poultry without any limits.
- You can also have processed lean meat, including bacon, ham, sausages, and lean meat options, including rabbit, buffalo, ostrich, veal, and chicken.
- However, you should avoid the skinny parts of all meat products due to high fat. It also applies during the cooking process.
- Low Fat Dairy and Eggs
- The Dukan diet is more about consuming protein, as you can have unlimited egg whites daily.
- You can also consume chicken, as it offers a higher amount of protein.
- Concerning dairy products, one can consume cheese, milk, and Greek yogurt with a fat-free variation.
- On the contrary, hard cheese options, as cheddar cheese is never allowed during this Dukan diet phase.
In short, you need to be cautious to get the maximum benefits from the Dukan diet plan.
- Plant Proteins
- During the Dukan diet Attack phase, vegetables are your primary source of fibers. However, take due care when consuming carb content during this phase.
- At the same time, you can consume plant-based protein, including soy, tofu, tempeh, and seitan. These are useful for making sandwiches and burgers.
- Seasoning and Condiments
- The attack phase of the Dukan diet is the ideal option to start an overall fitness schedule with utmost diligence and dedication. It will ensure you get the best results.
- However, it does not means that you need to eat food without any added flavor, as you can add some flavors within a limit.
- It is here that you can choose salt, pepper, lemon, herbs, and other spices to get some flavor added to the Dukan attack phase meal plan.
- You can also choose some condiments, including vinegar, soy sauce, and mustard, but make sure they do not add unnecessary carbs.
In the end, the Dukan attack phase meal plan will work only when you are consuming food as per the set guidelines. It will help you not only achieve the goal of weight loss but also provide an overall boost of energy.